LG L55C no internet on WIFI

ricklorelee

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
I have a LG L55C phone connected through Straight Talk. I have set up the WiFi through my home router using the proper pass code and it shows that it is connected and even shows the WiFi signal bars as strong. However when I try to browse it says I am not connected to the internet??? Any suggestions?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
In almost every case that's due to improper settings (usually a typo in the pass code, wrong security mode or wrong security algorithm) in the phone. (There are a number of levels of "connection" in wifi - being "connected" could just mean that the radios - the one in the router and the one in the phone - can hear each other. In order to get internet connections, you have to be connected at all levels.)

Try connecting with the phone's browser to the router itself (usually a 192.xxx address, but it could also be 172.xxx or 10.xxx). If that works, something is wrong in the setup.

(It's possible that it's a hardware problem, but connecting at all with a hardware problem is very rare, and being able to connect to the router virtually eliminates that possibility.)

Also make sure that your router is connected to the internet. It could have lost connection.

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Not connecting to my router (192.168.1.1).

Odd thing is, if I turn WiFi off and on again, I can load a webpage. If I try to load another then it just refuses saying there's no internet connection (still connected to WiFi).

All the while, it's connected to Google's servers (all green).

The_Lion

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I used WiFi fixer when I had this issue on my prior phone. I'm not going to say it "fixes" the issue, but it kept me from having to turn WiFi on & off constantly ;)

I think it basically does what you would do manually with turning WiFi on & off but it also runs a service that seems to "hold" the connection a bit better that my phone initially was.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Are you able to successfully connect to the WiFi using any other devices?

Or, are you able to connect the device to another WiFi?

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Are you able to successfully connect to the WiFi using any other devices?

Or, are you able to connect the device to another WiFi?

I've yet to attempt to connect it to another WiFi, but I'm able to connect just fine with my Android tablet (Arnova 10 G2, 2.3) and my LG Windows Phone.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Sounds good. Hopefully by then I'll have some other ideas because I'm doubtful this will work. Just got nothing else at the moment.

Also, has it worked in the past, or, has it never worked at all. If it.worked in the past, it could he an app you installed or something.

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Sounds good. Hopefully by then I'll have some other ideas because I'm doubtful this will work. Just got nothing else at the moment.

Also, has it worked in the past, or, has it never worked at all. If it.worked in the past, it could he an app you installed or something.

Purchased the phone on Saturday, brand new. As I've been unable to use WiFi (and don't want to use data to download an app), I've only got the pre-installed rubbish.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Well, if you purchased the phone on Saturday, just return it and get a new one. If that one has problems, I'd say get a different model. If your WiFi isn't working right out of the box, but, you have other devices that can access the WiFi, I'd say it's either an issue with that specific phone, or, the model.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084