How limiting is internal storage on app capacity?

grimtales

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
I've been searching the forum archive for twenty minutes and can't find an answer to my concerns, so hopefully I'm not beating a dead horse with this question.

I am considering getting my first Android phone (Aria). I am not thrilled about the lockdown on sideloading, but I am actually slightly more concerned about 512MB internal memory. I have used almost every OS type (WM,Palm,iPhone,BB), and internal app storage has generally rubbed me the wrong way.

My question is how have those using Android devices with similar internal storage levels found the app experience to be? Is app capacity an issue? Are you pulling your hair out? are you perfectly content? How many apps/available storage do you have?

Any information would be greatly appreciated. I'm really excited about potentially getting an android, just want to be as educated as possible.

Thanks!

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
No issues here and my Droid has 256MB. I have 48 apps installed with 84MB remaining but don't see how that's really all that useful. Not all apps are the same size and you could certainly use more space with fewer apps (or vice-versa). There are certainly others that have bumped into the 256MB limit on devices with that much phone memory though. It really all depends on your specific usage. Froyo does enable App2SD for apps that support it though.

grimtales

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, that is really helpful info. As far as the number of apps, I know that apps can vary greatly in size, but hearing a real world experience like yours lets me know the possibilities.

Thanks again!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer