How DO I achieve this??

halesowenmum

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Apologies before I even get going because I've got NO idea at all of how to do the thing I want to do (so please don't get all jargony and technical with me!). I just want to be able to see my Outlook calendar on my HTC Desire phone, and it would be super fab if I could also add an appointment/make changes from my phone if I needed to as well. So it's only calendar that I need to sort out.

I'm still in an 18 month contract with Orange so am trying to find a way of doing this on my existing handset before I come to switch phones (at which point I'll maybe start looking to see if a Windows phone is better for me).

One of the things I've always wanted to be able to do is when I'm out and about and someone says "Can you do this on this date", to be able to see my calendar and tell them yes or no right there and then. I'm still having to come back home and update my calendar first to see if I can do it, then print another copy out to stick to the fridge - then the copy on the fridge gets updated by hand so that the Outlook one is now out of date! Seems a bit daft to me - surely there must be a way?

Am I right (from what I read) that I'll need an Android app and to link, oooh, sorry, SYNC (!!) to my laptop via bluetooth - honestly haven't got a clue but had seen some indications that the Acer Aspire 5742Z doesn't actually have bluetooth? Certainly, if I look in Control panel following various instructions to "Look for 'bluetooth devices'", there aren't any (this may explain why my phone has only ever paired but not connected eh!!).

I need some kindly soul who can instruct me in words of one syllable, what I need to do to achieve my goal lol!!! Can anyone help?

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
In the market (play store) there is an app called moffice- outlook sync. The app is free but their seems to be some other program that needs to be place on your computer that costs $9.99. Other then that I can't really offer any more assistance due to the fact I don't use outlook, sorry.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

halesowenmum

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks anthony2558 - yes, I have had a look at some of the apps but feel I may not have the laptop for the job! Hopefully someone will come along who can assist with that side of things!

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I haven't personally used this, but you could just set up Google Sync:
Getting started with Google Calendar Sync - Google Calendar Help

Basically it would just sync Outlook with your Google Calendar (and vice versa), then you can just view the Google Calendar on the phone. Any appointments you make on the phone would then sync back to Outlook, and any appointments made to Outlook would sync back to the phone.

Probably the easiest solution (assuming it works....again I haven't personally used this).

Or you could just switch from Outlook to Google Calendar and forego the syncing process. If you're going to stick with Android, it's as good as time as any to switch into the Google ecosystem since it's all integrated (Gmail, Calendar, Docs, etc). I see no need (from a personal perspective) to use Outlook any more. Yeah, I still use it (with Exchange) for work, but from a personal perspective, easier to just have it all in Google. Just my two cents and a suggestion to consider. Even if you switched to Windows Phones or an iPhone, you'd still have access to all of your Google stuff so it would be seamless, at least as far as your email and calendar are concerned.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae