Hi AndroidCentral,

On my Samsung Galaxy S3, a peculiar icon has appeared in the navigation bar (see the top-left corner in the image below):

It seemed to have appeared at about the time I put in my SD card, but removing my SD card (and restarting) has not shooed the icon away. Furthermore, the icon seems to prevent any other icons being shown (i.e. I am forced to pull down the bar when checking for new notifications).

There is no explanation for the icon in the notification window, and clearing the notifications does nothing.

I tried using Google Goggles on a cropped screenshot of the icon but no images were returned.

Please could someone explain what the icon represents and how it may be removed?

Many thanks,
    Will.
    07-06-2012 01:09 PM
    It looks like you may have turned off notifications. Go into the settings and see if it's turned off. Here is the reference I found online, see a few posts down by the op: Galaxy S3 Notification Bar Icon
    07-06-2012 01:41 PM
    It looks like you may have turned off notifications. Go into the settings and see if it's turned off. Here is the reference I found online, see a few posts down by the op: Galaxy S3 Notification Bar Icon
    Aha! Fantastic, thanks very much!

Will.
    07-06-2012 02:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD