Google sync for Blackberry

D16RR

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I put the app on my 9900 and tried to sync the phone's calendar to a gmail account I created. Everything looked like it worked ok, but the gmail calendar still contains no entries. In the Blackberry, the calendar entries are under ("send using") a non-gmail email account. Any idea where they went or how to see them? Is there a better way to transition contacts and calendar entries for a move to android?

Edit:

If I add a new entry in my calendar using the gmail account as the "send using" email account, it will load the entry into the gmail account. Then if I turn off "wireless synchronization" for the gmail account in the calendar options, it stops sending it twice and duplicating the entry in both the gmail and handheld calendars. woohoo.

So it does sync, but I suspect I need to access the calendar entries for the non-gmail accounts from gmail on the PC side for future transfer to new android device. Further bulletins as events warrant...

Last edited:

D16RR

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks much for the reply, but I'm still clueless. I'm new to gmail and have yet to own an Android phone. I see no options in gmail to do anything with unified view or any other view. Is there a way to add non-gmail addresses to the gmail webmail site?

bitek

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
I put the app on my 9900 and tried to sync the phone's calendar to a gmail account I created. Everything looked like it worked ok, but the gmail calendar still contains no entries. In the Blackberry, the calendar entries are under ("send using") a non-gmail email account. Any idea where they went or how to see them? Is there a better way to transition contacts and calendar entries for a move to android?

Edit:

If I add a new entry in my calendar using the gmail account as the "send using" email account, it will load the entry into the gmail account. Then if I turn off "wireless synchronization" for the gmail account in the calendar options, it stops sending it twice and duplicating the entry in both the gmail and handheld calendars. woohoo.

So it does sync, but I suspect I need to access the calendar entries for the non-gmail accounts from gmail on the PC side for future transfer to new android device. Further bulletins as events warrant...

Works great for me.you just need google email on blackberry

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk 2

D16RR

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I got it done. I was able to get the calendar entries associated with the gmail account but I had to delete the other emails to make the move command work. After that, syncing the gmail account was easy enough.