Managed to uninstall play store. What now? :(

Ianesz

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday after turning on wi-fi on my EVO 3D, there was a system update notification. Yes, it was the long awaited ICS. Since it was very late I didnt play around it with it till today. When i did, i noticed that play store wont update my apps anymore due to 921 error. Quick google search suggested that i delete cache and reinstall app. Well, i managed to remove the app somehow (even though i got "was not removed successfully message"), because whenever I press the Play Store icon, the message "the linked program is no longer installed on your phone" appears. I have no clue how to get this back. To be honest i dont understand how a user can be allowed to remove such a vital app...

P.S.: the phone isnt rooted or whatever

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Looks like you can download the latest and an earlier APK from here. If those don't work, just Google something like, "Google Play APK" and you should be able to find the APK.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Not as far as I know. I would think that if there was an official download site, a search like that would bring it up, no?

I've seen people looking for the APK in the past and I don't think I've ever seen anyone link them to an official download site. Seems silly, but, I think that's the way it is.

Ianesz

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Okay. Could you point to me where on this site the GP APK download would be available? As you mentioned its available from here.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Whoops, I'm sorry, when I said "here," I meant to post a link and forgot. Haha. This was the first link in Google when I typed "Google Play APK," so, it's probably fine. Like I said, there are two versions there. I currently have 3.5.19 on my X2, but, you could always try the other more recent one. Not sure what you had before.

Download Google Play APK 3.5.19

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21