Phone won't charge to 100

m.vasquez009

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Hey so I recently noticed that the past couple of days when I take my phone off the charger in the morning that it only charged to 99 percent overnight.. Is my battery or my phone messed up?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Probably not. Are you noticing that the battery is draining faster than it was before?

You could always try and do a battery calibration or wipe the statistics, but, I've found that this never really helped me.

m.vasquez009

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Yah I have noticed its draining faster than it was before... How do I do a battery calibration.... Sorry for the noob question

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Has your device gotten an update lately?

After the last update for my X2 I noticed my battery life was terrible. So, if you got an update recently, that could be responsible.

Like I said, this never never really worked for me, and, in the quick look I took trying to find one for the Galaxy Nexus, seems like most agree with me that neither of these things do anything.

Most of the methods I found involved draining the battery, which, I'd never do. In fact, optimal battery life is achieved at I believe 20% - 80%ish and you should never go outside that range. But, I always go up to 100%, I just worry about the lower range.

The only method I found that I would be comfortable with involves charging your battery to full. Unplug it and turn it off. Plug it back in but don't turn on. At the charge screen, take the battery out. When you get to a screen with a battery and a ? put the battery back in. Battery will go to about 5%. Charge it up to 100% and turn on. This could take up to a couple of hours though. But, like I said, I don't think they really work.

If you are experiencing short battery life, have you done all you can to maximize it? Turn off WiFi, 4G if you have it, GPS, Bluetooth, lower the amount of times Apps sync, cut down on the amount of apps running, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech