LG Optimus V [Rooted / Factory Reset]

fckthissite420

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I ' Factory Reset ' my Rooted LG Optimus V. . . After that, it restarted into the LG Logo and after that, a blank screen. I plug my phone into the PC, it doesn't read it. So, I use droidAtScreen-1.0.1 and I can see my phone is in Clockwork Recovery. I've gone through a lot of threads to see if any of them can help me, But to none have so far... I'm basically an old person using a young person's phone. I have no idea what kernels are ... none of that. It was rooted by a cousin of mine. But can someone please help me fix this? I tried a lot of 'Methods' but I either one, don't understand what they're talking about. Or two, it relates to me until a certain step then it just doesn't make sense.

::Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section.

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
i got your back man... please make sure that your phone has a decent charge and its not gonna die... 50% or better should do it... download the attached zips on this and the following post to your pc, these are going to save your phone... now, with the phone powered off and not connected to pc or charger, hold the home, volume down, and power key until the lg logo appears... (if it tries to boot into the rom, pull the battery and do it again but hold the key combo a bit longer)... this will boot you into your recovery... ok, now connect phone to pc... (on phone) go to mounts and storage>mount usb storage... copy the zips to your sdcard, and unmount usb storage from the phone...
now you have what you need... go to install zip from sddcard>choose zip>xonia_cwma_12518.6_vm_recovery-signed.zip>yes... when this is complete you will be back on the choose zip from sdcard option... hit the back key... now navigate down to advanced>reboot recovery... this should boot you into the xionia recovery... now navigate back to advanced>fix bootloop... when this is complete, you need to navigate to install zip from sd>choose zip from sdcard>ezwipe.zip>yes... when this is complete your phone will be ready for a new rom... if you do not have a rom on your sdcard, go here and download mirage:
VM670-CM7.2-IHO-07162012_MiRaGe.zip
go to mounts and storage>mount usb storage, and move the zips to your sdcard... unmount usb storage... hit the back key, install zip from sdcard>choose zip from sdcard>vm670-cm7.2-iho-07162012_mirage.zip>yes... when this is complete... choose zip from sdcard>gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip>yes... when this is complete, hit the back button and select reboot system now... cross your fingers and hope this worked...

if the above fails... dont worry, all is not lost, its still fixable... please come here:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/optimus-v-rooting-roms-hacks/
so we can help you through the more complicated process... :)

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
attached is the gapps.zip for mirage... gapps=google apps... without these, you will not have access to the play store (market)... (you will not be able to download any apps without them)...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance