Ok so I am asking this cause I was so pissed off at the Verizon store today as I watched a salesman try and rip a customer off of his unlimited data plan to the new shared ones. I had to step up and inform the guy of his true options which the salesmen wasn't doing and got pissed at me but I didn't care.

Anyway I was so mad I called there CS dept to put in a complaint. And ask a few questions of my own plus some I saw on these boards. And ultimately the rep said that "the FCC is forcing us to do so and we have to have all customers off an unlimited data plan by 2015 or Verizon will be fined" I was like really that don't make sence so I asked where did she get that info she said she was pissed about it too and it didn't make sence to her either but she googled it and it was true. I asked what did you put in the search box to find that cause I'd like to see that in writing. She said put in FCC cap. I said thank you and hung up.

Now I've been searching for the last 4 hours trying to find that info to no avail. I've even put in diff phrases including everything suggesting the FCC capping unlimited data plans.

Has anyone else been told this or have any info on the vzw reps statement? I figured this would be the best place to ask. Because quite frankly I thinks she was full of bull dung!
    07-17-2012 06:55 PM
    07-17-2012 09:56 PM
    Yes I saw that but no where does it say that the cap for data use was implemented by the FCC. As a lot of articles I've read. Even the FCC site had nothing I could find.

I have just gotten tired of the bs and wanted to do some research into the claims that the providers seem to passing along to their customers about the FCC forcing them into this.
    07-18-2012 12:39 AM
    From what I have read and there was a lot to read lol. Is that the providers are going to maxing out their frequencies quicker then they can compensate. So it just comes down to simpe greed on there part.

And if it was true that the FCC had imposed this on them that would be a whole different issue all together.
    07-18-2012 12:47 AM
    its all just a huge capitalist money generating scam targeted at the unknowing masses... this is just a drop in the pool of whats to come...
    07-18-2012 12:41 PM
    Ya the article says its Verizon's own doing
    07-20-2012 01:46 AM
    Yesterday I heard a meeting with my local Verizon representatives and yeah they kept pushing this bull saying it saved people money till we brought to attention the fact that it falls apart for single and two line contracts, at witch point all that was said was trust me it saves them..... It safe saddens me to see this happen with Verizon and att

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2
    07-20-2012 02:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD