Portable louder speaker solution?

SalilSundresh

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the process of switching from the iPhone 4S to Android. One thing that was great about the iPhone 4S was its very loud, high quality (for what it is) speakerphone/ringtone speaker. The Android phones I'm consider and many other handset's speakers aren't quite as loud as I would like (won't list which phones I'm considering to avoid starting up crazy arguments regarding if a phone x's speaker is "loud enough")

Is there a portable solution out there that is known to be atleast as loud as the iPhone 4S's speaker (preferably a little louder)? I'm not looking for a boom box, just something small that maybe could be attached to the phone/case somehow (DIY is ok). I bought this portable speaker a few weeks ago and it was utter garbage. The 4S's built in speaker is louder and provides higher quality sound than this stupid accessory they claim is useful for the 4S. I was considering looking into buying the 4S speakers/driver part from China and seeing if something can be put together but I just thought I'd see if someone knows a better solution already.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! DIY solutions welcome. Thanks!

SalilSundresh

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I would recommend checking out this app. I just downloaded it and tried it and it greatly increased the volume of my speaker phone. Best of all, it's free, and, had some options to increase the sound. Try checking it out and come back and post what you think of it.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...?id=com.TEST.android.lvh&hl=en&token=K65PPMEC

Sorry, haven't switched yet but I will certainly try it when I do. Thanks!

Hardware suggestions are still welcome!

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Well, get on it!! :p Like I said, I tested it out really briefly and it definitely seemed to increase the volume.

Can't really think of anything man. But, I dunno why you'd wanna attach hardware to your device anyway when there is an app for it, ya know? Just give it a shot and have someone call you while you mess with the settings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze