GPS Problems

worldclasx

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Hello all! I am new to the forum and have an issue with the GPS location shown on my HTC Vivid. It is generally accurate but sometimes, not so much! I live in Ohio and recently the phone told me I was in Albuquerque. Today (for the second time) it tells me that I am in Noida (which Google tells me is an industrial area near New Delhi, India)! Any thoughts on correcting this would be appreciated.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Lol, I have visions in my head of Bugs Bunny saying Albakoikee. :p

Do you have your Standalone GPS Service turned on?

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
have you rooted or are you still stock?...

That's a good question.

Also, I noted yesterday that sometimes my GPS experiences random hangups and has no idea where I am for several minutes. Have you tried just letting it sit there so that the GPS can lock onto you. Yesterday my phone had no idea where I was for about three minutes. If I recall, it wasn't that far off base, but, it could just be that you need to wait to get a lock.

Try turning on your GPS and letting it sit there for like five minutes and see if it figures out where you are. I'm just curious. Or have you already done that?

worldclasx

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
My Vivid is stock. I have the GPS Satellites block checked under Settings--not sure if there is another GPS setting to adjust. My location shows up in the weather forecast--earlier today is said I was in Holmdel New Jersey. Now I'm back in New Delhi! If only I was getting frequent flier miles!

SellnCLT85

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
If you could, dl GPS Status & Toolbox from the Play Store(It's FREE). Next time your GPS goes buggy, check the app and see how many satellite locks you have.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gofuckyourselfandroid