I recently upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy S3, and I am a little confused on how information for contacts is organized.

I saved all my contacts info on Google, so when I added my Google account to this photo, everything downloaded and synced up. Seems okay.

Because I find the Facebook app calendar syncing feature to be less than adequate (for example, I like having higher resolution pictures display on this large screen) I downloaded a third-party Facebook contacts sync app. Works great.

Now, I have several contacts that are both Google and Facebook contacts. At least one of my Google contacts has a Google picture that that person has uploaded which is different from their Facebook picture that is syncing tocmy phone. Do I have the option to select which picture displays? I thought that selecting default information for the contact would work, but I don't seem to have that option there.

I guess another way of asking this question is how Android decides which picture to display when there are both Google profile pictures and Facebook picture synced on a phone.

Any helpful thoughts will be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    07-20-2012 11:53 AM
    Edit the contact, short press the photo you want (Google or FB) and short press "use this photo." That should take care of your issue, but, it's on a per contact basis.

As for how the picture used is determined, it seems like FB generally takes priority. Why, I don't know. And why it's not always this way, I don't know that either.
    07-20-2012 12:21 PM
    Thanks for the response. Sadly, I don't see any options to select a photo after long-pressing a photo. Are you using a Galaxy s3?

07-20-2012 12:38 PM
    No, I'm sorry, I'm using an X2, you can't short press on the photo and change the photo options?

Also, is that a Scott Bakula picture for your Avatar? Enterprise is a great show.
    07-20-2012 12:44 PM
    Well guess what? It turns out that I get the option to select contact photos by tapping the photo, rather than long pressing. Problem solved! I had no idea this option was even available - thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

And yes, that is Jonathan Archer in my pic - the evil mirror universe version of him to be precise. :-) Yes, I am a card carrying Star Trek fanatic!

07-20-2012 01:13 PM
    Great, glad that the short press worked out for you!! Learn something new every day. No problem man, just glad that you got that fixed. And, thanks for coming back to let us know what the solution was.

Lol, that's great man. Definitely my favorite Star Trek (I know, I know, it should be TNG like everyone else ). Haha, well, I've seen all the episodes and all the movies, but, I can't say I carry a card. Do they really have those?
    07-21-2012 08:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD