I can't find ANYTHING on how to make sure that my Droid3 is sending the tones for touch tone usage. I have to forward my office phone to my droid, but I can't get through the menu system because it says I am not sending touch tones.

I cannot find where to force the phone to send tones for touch tone systems.

Please, can someone help me ASAP??

P.S. The search function gave me everything but touch tone information, and I went through three pages of search results.
    07-20-2012 01:10 PM
    Huh? Your phone should be touch tone. When you call up a company and use their menu selection system, does it not work? If it does, then, it's clearly not rotary.

"A simple telephone keypad replaced the rotary dial on the newer touch tone telephone units that became the industry standard for both cell phones and land lines. "

What Is a Touch Tone Telephone?

I would suggest calling another company and seeing if you can access their menu. If you can, then, it's not a problem on your end, and, it sounds like it's a problem with your place of work.

Alternatively, if you know anyone else at your place of work that has an Android phone, you can ask them if they have any problems. If they do, you know it's not your phone, if they don't, it's your place of work's problem. But, I can't imagine this being a problem with your phone.
    07-21-2012 11:10 AM
    Gee, I know you meant well, and I know you tried really hard...

But you obviously don't know anything about the touch-tone digital system.

Of course I know there's no "dial" on my android. I think you thought you were being funny when you wrote that, but it came across as insulting. About the level of grade 5, maybe.

I'll explain it again, and use small words this time so you'll be sure to get it.

My Droid3 is not sending touch-tone signals. The telephone system I have at work (where I am the only employee) can be set up to forward calls to another phone. The other phone must be touch-tone. My Droid3 is not sending touch-tone signals, therefore there must be a setting in the Droid3 to send out the electronic tone signal that can be understood by the telephone system. What settings are there in the Droid3 to make sure that it is sending out touch-tone signals.

There, did you get that this time, or were you being a twit on purpose?
    07-22-2012 02:09 PM
    I'll explain it again, and use small words this time so you'll be sure to get it.
    Sorry pal, you get no more help from me, no matter how useless you find it, based off this comment.
    07-24-2012 11:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD