Can any power adapter be used on a 710 android. I can't find a specific power adapter for my android
    07-20-2012 06:11 PM
    You mean the outlet plug? If so, I would say yes, but would recommend something of similar specs and stay away from the cheap ones online or elsewhere.

I made the mistake of purchasing one for my E4GT at a local store when I forgot mine at home. I kept using it and a week or later the battery was shot. It can't be proven that it was a result of the charger but highly suspected.
    jerryann likes this.
    07-20-2012 09:51 PM
    Yea, I would stay with your OEM charger if you can. I wasn't able to find them on Amazon (as I could with my X2), they all seem to be non-OEM. You might be better just ordering one from your carrier. Seems like it just might be safer.
    jerryann likes this.
    07-21-2012 03:17 PM
    Cheaper, not safer. Safest bet is to get one from your carrier/manufacturer.

Sure, you could do a refund, but, it's a hassle. Last time I had to do that it took way too much time to money back from the seller. Unless it's sold directly from Amazon that is. And, I had to fight to get my shipping charges back. Amazon eventually stepped in and I get reimbursed completely by Amazon, but, it was a pain.

And, if a non OEM charger causes problems with your phone down the line, the seller on Amazon isn't going to care or buy you a new phone.
    08-10-2012 08:21 PM
    All the above being said, make sure you check the power output capabilities of the new charger if it's non-OEM. Something that can only put out 500 mA isn't going to last long with a phone whose stock charger is rated 850 mA. In my case, the only thing that happened was the charger fried itself but thankfully the phone was unharmed. I've since been using an aftermarket charger rated well above the stock one and been working fine. Stays cooler too since it's not being maxed out all the time.
    08-12-2012 12:29 AM
    All the above being said, make sure you check the power output capabilities of the new charger if it's non-OEM. Something that can only put out 500 mA isn't going to last long with a phone whose stock charger is rated 850 mA.
    That's one of the only 2 things you have to worry about. As long as the charger is rated for at least as much current as the old one, it'll work. And some phones require some jumper arrangement in the plug in order to recognize the charger as legitimate. If a charger with enough current capability (and the same output voltage, of course - and that's almost always 5 volts) charges your phone, you're fine, as long as the charger is decent quality. (If it starts putting out 10 volts all of a sudden, or something like that, it can cause problems, but a quality charger won't.)

I carry one charger with me - an aftermarket 5 volt, 2 amp charger. It charges my phones and my headsets. And my mobile charger (a USB adapter that plugs into the accessory socket) does the same.
    08-12-2012 10:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD