BT or wireless keyboard?

paulyb37

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
So, here's the thing. I have a sg3 phone and a tf101 transformer tablet. I love both and want to make the most of them which includes work-related typing. I own the kb dock for the transformer but it hasn't worked since ics upgrade and Asus want money to fix it. I also have a usb otg adapter for the sg3 which is great. I know a wireless kb (IncludIng track pad) could be used with otg adapter but can I set up the transformer to do the same? WIll the usb kIt support thIs? Or do I go Bluetooth kb but these seem less reliable?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Is the dock from Asus? How old is it? If it's less than a year old, they should be fixing it free of charge. If not, you might want to try calling back a couple of times and speaking to different CSRs. Usually when I don't get the results I want from one, I'll call back and speak to another. I have found my experiences with Asus' CSRs to be rather positive.

Personally, I would want the dock for my tablet. My Prime is docked 95% of the time, so, I couldn't imagine it without it and having to use a BT keyboard.

Reactions: paulyb37

paulyb37

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Is the dock from Asus? How old is it? If it's less than a year old, they should be fixing it free of charge. If not, you might want to try calling back a couple of times and speaking to different CSRs. Usually when I don't get the results I want from one, I'll call back and speak to another. I have found my experiences with Asus' CSRs to be rather positive.

Personally, I would want the dock for my tablet. My Prime is docked 95% of the time, so, I couldn't imagine it without it and having to use a BT keyboard.

I've had it over a year and tbh haven't narrowed whether it's the dock or the transformer - I used it all the time until I upgraded to ics when the dock appeared to stop working. Trackpad works but none of the keys do.
Like the idea of trying different people, especially as it's not really my fault! I'm going to take both bits to a retailer to find out which one works.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Ahh, well, if it's been over a year, then, getting it fixed under warranty isn't going to happen. :'( Unless it's been really close to a year. Sometimes if you send a really well written email, or, talk to a really good CSR, they can push you past the limit on your warranty. I havehad that work for me as well.

If the trackpad works, but, the keys don't, I'd say that it's probably a software issue (especially since it happened after your upgrade to ICS). I mean, why would all the keys stop functioning, but, the trackpad still work? I'm not sure what the internals of the dock are like, but, that just seems strange. If it were one or two keys maybe, but, all of them? :confused:

Yea, I mean, if you can find a retailer that will let you put the dock into another tablet, maybe a display (especially if it hasn't been upgraded to ICS yet) that'd be a great test. Or, worst case, you can always factory reset (would this make it so you had to upgrade back to ICS? Not sure). Even if not, a factory reset might be a good last ditch attempt to see if that'll fix it.

Also, when you call back, tell them that it happened right after you upgraded to ICS. They should be able to test on there end if they have any problems with ICS and a dock. If they don't, you might have to reset and hope that that fixes it. If not, you'll have to keep trying to get a new one from them, or, buy yourself a new one. :'(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma