Should I be backing up my phone some way other than using the sync feature built in to Android? The reason I ask this is that the sync feature of the google calendar only seems to be a one-way sync. If I enter a event on the website calendar it goes to my phone OK. If I enter a event on my phone it never shows up on the website calendar.
    Any ideas?
    07-22-2012 10:20 AM
    Go into Menu > Settings > Accounts & Sync

From there you have the option to control what sync's straight from the device to your account (or other apps that ask for regular sync, like Facebook).

This will allow you to sync the Calendar with the phone and web.
    07-22-2012 10:29 AM
    Thanks I have that all checked and I am at a lost as to why its not working from phone to web. I guess the contacts are doing ok its just the calendar entries that are not going upstream from the phone.
    07-22-2012 10:39 AM
    well I figured it out. I am using a Galaxy S3 and within the calendar app you have 2 calendars. One is called My Calendar (which does not sync phone only) and the other is your google or gmail calendar ( which is the one that does sync). So when creating an event on your phone you have to choose which calendar to save it to. If now there was a way to change the default calendar from My Calendar to the google calendar
    07-22-2012 12:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD