Thinking of moving to Android from BB, after a little advice.

st_temps

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

I've been a Blackberry user now for nearly 6 years and my faith in RIM as slowly diminishing. I'm due for an upgrade from my BB Torch 9800 in a few weeks and am considering moving over to an Android phone. I've done a lot of research into handsets and read through the 'Blackberry User's Guide to Android' on this forum but I'm after some advice from user's who have the hands on experience, particulaly of both phones.

- I use email A LOT, so a phone that is very email friendly is a must.
- I type a huge amount of notes, long emails etc and connot really get on with a touch screen keyboard, so a QWERTY keyboard is also important.
- I use the web a lot as well as Twitter.

Any advice that you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance....

blackbirdz

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
well, if physical keyboard is a must then you should stick with BB. try to stick with touchscreen keyboard, once you get used to it, i found it's much much better than BB physical keyboard. less strain in your finger and you type faster.

st_temps

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
Many thanks for the reply, a QWERTY keyboard isn't a must but i would prefer one. What are the best handsets with a QWERTY keyboard?

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

ihatepineapple

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I moved from a 9300 to a 9860, now i'm on a galaxy S3. very happy with my new phone, touch screen on android I find is a much nicer experience even on the default keyboard.

physical vs on screen its all much of a muchness to me. I prefer email on my S3 with my hotmail and gmail apps. Infact I dont think there is anything that I preferred on BB that isnt better on android.

I'd recommend visiting a store and asking to play with a virtual keyboard or play around with a friends. May also be worth waiting a month or two after your upgrade to see what A**** bring to the table, this might reduce some of the android contract prices down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol