Bluetooth Phone <--> PC

iLLusive

Vzw Staff
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Ok currently on Windows 7 64bit, have the Incredible for the phone. Have Bluetooth software on my PC and is set to allow devices to discover the PC as well as allow remote access to browse, send, and receive pics, music, and other files.

Ok so here is my issue, when on phone and I scan for devices it finds my PC. Pairing or trying to Pair & Connect takes 15-30 secs then I get phone prompt to enter a pin (It suggest using 0000 or 1234) nothing works, PC doesn't get any prompts.

Now when I try to add device from bluetooth taskbar menu, it finds the phone but after 2 minutes saids couldn't connect.

Please help in my guidance in what I'm missing here, so I can send files over Bluetooth. Thank you

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Ok so here is my issue, when on phone and I scan for devices it finds my PC. Pairing or trying to Pair & Connect takes 15-30 secs then I get phone prompt to enter a pin (It suggest using 0000 or 1234) nothing works, PC doesn't get any prompts.
What PIN did you specify on your PC? What you enter on the device needs to match.

Be sure to get the Bluetooth File Transfer app on your device.

iLLusive

Vzw Staff
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Thanks so much, thats the issue though when I attempted to connect from the Incredible it simply just sat there for 30-45 secs then said enter pin. Nothing showed up on PC and phone just suggested using 0000 or 1234. Nothing worked from either of those, and I never had anything to setup on PC for a pin. Yet, when I tried from the PC it just sat there and never connected at all.

Not sure if that information helps, in my windows services both Bluetooth service & Bluetooth support service are Started. On taskbar it's listed as "Bluetooth Devices" with right click menu options of:

Add Device
Allow a Device to Connect <<<---- Not clickable
Show Bluetooth Devices
Join a Personal Area Network
Open Settings
Turn Adapter Off
Remove Icon

iLLusive

Vzw Staff
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the help takeshi, but for whatever reason tonight it works. From the PC did add new device it found it by model name, it sent actually prompt with a code to phone that matched and started the Bluetooth FTP wizard with all security settings and such. Very strange lol either way it works and I'm very happy for your help.