Hello
    Been awhile since I rooted first phone the day after purchase, I bought another one and
    now I have 2 to play with but ever since I bought the 2nd evo3-d it came with 1.50 s-on.
    Got sick of Sprint so I had it flashed over to metro.
    Came back with 3g speed and all seemed fine, also unlocked with s-on and had rom mgr installed. finally rooted it with evo hacks site method and managed to flash a couple of roms
    with minimum problems. Finally decided to use the lovely TRWP Gooim recovery app and when I went to install a new rom I did the kelvik and cashe clearing and by accident I also did a system wipe. The new twrp app is very touchy, must ne careful when fingers are hovering on topof screen. Sheesh, now I am only able to go into to twrp recovery boot screen
    and it states I have no OS. Am I in trouble?
    IS there a way of using CMD Prompt and force a ruu original recovery? Please help.
    07-31-2012 09:36 AM
    It's not ruined, no. Are you able to open an adb shell? Computer recognizes phone? If yes it's an easy fix.

Edit. Just re read that. If you can get into recovery, just re flash the rom and get the phone stable..then use adb to push a new recovery. Or you could just restore your backup and
    Re root
    07-31-2012 03:00 PM
    Thanks for responding and thats my prob.
    getting adb to recognise and being shown the cprompt command methods and
    if the computer does not recognize the evo3d then what steps do I take?
    Now all I get on my phone and it has trwp 2.2.ver is SD zip update and hit up for yes
    and down for No. IT has to re-boot of course and just does it's typical HTC Screen
    Boot loop..!!! Pleas man Help.

THanks and Thanks again I know it has to do something with the TRWP 2.2 and me
    being on S-ON -RL,--- 1.50, Rooted and somehow I wiped system and tried playing with
    DUMLOCK and thats when my sd card would not allow me to enter the UI of trwp..!!!!
    Im buggin out and almost ready to give up, But I feel what U say.... It's not Bricked
    But it's freekin driving me nuts. Plus Im paying for service and don't have use of the phone.
    BAsically I just need the instructions and files to go into the shell commands and make it
    install an OS or NEW ROM, NO? Im here off work today and I have to get this back up and running. Please help....
    08-02-2012 10:34 AM
    I cannot even post a reply to your reply without getting into trouble with this laptop pc Im usin
    Anyway I hope theres a fix for this lock I have on trwp 2.2 and I need
    help with the proper command language usage.
    I will use my desktop because of this touchpad on this laptop is a pain.
    Hope this thread goes through Thanks.
    08-02-2012 11:01 AM
    Okay your post came through finally. It's been there for two or three hours, but it was blank until now for some reason. I'll pick it apart and dig some stuff up for you.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    08-02-2012 01:52 PM
    Is the Evo only touch screen or do they have a slider or flip version too? This one has nothing to do with fixing anything, I was just curious lol.
    08-02-2012 02:00 PM
    Okay so you are saying that you can get into a recovery screen somewhat, and that it stays there as long as you don't make a selection to change it, correct? Let's go ahead and see if we can get you hooked up with adb. You should still be able to access with adb through recovery. This is of course assuming that you have already installed the correct usb drivers for the phone?

This is gonna be the long winded way to enter the commands, but this will be the best way to make sure the commands are being entered correctly, and it will also show you where exactly you are getting an error if you run into one.

okay so open a command shell with your phone plugged in and in recovery. Make sure you leave the spaces exactly like I'm typing them.

type cd Program Files and hit enter
    type cd Android
    type cd android-sdk
    type cd platform-tools

now at this point the finished line should read

C:\Program Files>Android>android-sdk>platform-tools>

now at the end of that line type adb shell so it reads

C:\Program Files>Android>android-sdk>platform-tools>adb shell and hit enter
    08-02-2012 02:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD