After using my ICS phone for a few hours, I noticed that I accumulated 33 tabs because links from other apps open as a new tab.

I happen to be using Opera browser right now, but I suspect the issue might be common to many browsers.

What are people expected to do: manually close 33 tabs periodically?

Is this not an issue with other browsers?

If one of the tabs was trying to stream video, it would totally kill the battery.

If it matters, I happen to be using a Samsung Galaxy S3 with ICS.

Thanks,
    Mike
    08-01-2012 10:55 AM
    Are you using Chrome?

1) Why wouldn't you want it opening a new tab? You really want it to overwrite your open tabs so you lose them? Obviously if you left a tab open, it's for a reason (that reason being you left the web page open so how is the OS supposed to know you're done looking at it? How would it know which of the 3 tabs you left open you want replaced with the new content?). Overwriting it would be madness! MADDDDNESSS! Browsers on the PC work the same way....not within the same tab, but if I have tabs open and click and link in an email or another program, a new tab opens rather than overwriting my open tabs. It's common sense, really.

2) Click on the tab icon (upper right) and the window will shrink a bit, then click on menu -> Close all tabs.
    08-01-2012 02:44 PM
    I guess ur right about auto closing tabs being bad.

I guess I'll just have to remember to close as I go, or periodically.

Mike
    08-02-2012 10:01 AM