So I flashed JB about 3 weeks ago, and the feature I was most excited about was Google Now. After using it for 3 weeks, I'm not impressed. The Voice Search is pretty good, but I feel like I'm not getting enough cards.

I thought Google Now was supposed to learn from me and automattically present me with relavent info (i.e. cards). I used Google Now for about 2 weeks and the only thing that I ever got was local weather. After 2 weeks I went to Maps and manually added my home and work locations, so now I get local weather and drive time to home and work. I've never got anything else. I've never gotten any sports updates (maybe when football season starts). I've never gotten cards for my next appointment, and I do use Google Calendar (maybe I need to add street addresses to all my appointments). I've never been shown "nearby interesting places".

All the cards are on except for "Public Transit", because I manually turned that one off when I initially started using it.

Anyway, am I doing something wrong? Were my expectations for Google Now too high? What's everyone else's experience.
    08-02-2012 01:20 PM
    Jelly Bean is pretty much brand new....they may not have all the services up and running yet (I'm sure all the heavy lifting of presenting you with relevant info is done on Google's servers and sent to the phone).

It may just be they haven't turned on everything yet, although I'm surprised you wouldn't be getting calendar notifications.

I haven't looked at it at all, so just guessing.
    08-02-2012 04:45 PM
    Now remember if your constantly flashing ROMs then that will effect Google Now to relearn your habits. All I'm getting is weather and traffic between work and home. It was nice when we went for a trip at the River and just before leaving Google Now was nice enough to let me know I had 2.5 hours to get home.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    08-02-2012 10:15 PM
    Now remember if your constantly flashing ROMs then that will effect Google Now to relearn your habits. All I'm getting is weather and traffic between work and home. It was nice when we went for a trip at the River and just before leaving Google Now was nice enough to let me know I had 2.5 hours to get home.

Thanks for the feedback. I haven't flashed since since that first time 3 weeks ago, so it's not that. But I would have assumed the data that Google Now is learning from me would be stored on Google servers and not locally on my phone. Also does Google Now include data that Google learns from my when I'm on my desktop?
    08-03-2012 12:23 PM
    Thanks for the feedback. I haven't flashed since since that first time 3 weeks ago, so it's not that. But I would have assumed the data that Google Now is learning from me would be stored on Google servers and not locally on my phone. Also does Google Now include data that Google learns from my when I'm on my desktop?
    That's right, they (Google) track everything else, why not put that info in/towards Google Now. Could be still in beta? (Doing another trip today so I'm curious as to what/how Google Now will behave)

08-03-2012 12:41 PM
    That's right, they (Google) track everything else, why not put that info in/towards Google Now. Could be still in beta? (Doing another trip today so I'm curious as to what/how Google Now will behave)

UPDATE: It definitely uses some search info from your desktop searches (if you're signed into Google) because I just did a Google maps search for the nearest Sam's Club to my work, and when I picked up my phone I had a Google Now notification with driving directions and ETA.
    08-03-2012 05:25 PM
    UPDATE: It definitely uses some search info from your desktop searches (if you're signed into Google) because I just did a Google maps search for the nearest Sam's Club to my work, and when I picked up my phone I had a Google Now notification with driving directions and ETA.
    luv it!

Tapatalk sent from my Kanged Samsung.
    09-02-2012 11:22 AM