I've had this phone for almost two years now and recently it's been acting very strangely. It'll randomly completely lose signal and then indicate it comes back after a few seconds, but really this is false and I have to restart my phone in order to gain signal again. But before my phone is even turned on, it simply shuts off in mid-process. I then have to plug it in to the charger as it somehow completely drains the entire battery when turning back on after losing signal, no matter what the charge is. I was just wondering if anyone knows how to fix this. Thanks in advance.
    08-04-2012 09:26 PM
    Do you remember if you changed anything on your phone... Like downloaded an app, modem or kernel before you started having trouble?
    You can always try a factory reset or flashing another rom see if that fixes it.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2
    08-05-2012 12:24 AM
    Nope, just randomly started happening. I also have the stock rom.
    08-05-2012 11:54 AM
    I would say it's the rom, try updating it, they tend to get buggy over time

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2
    08-10-2012 01:57 AM
    Two years? Lithium Ion batteries are good for about 24 months - IF the battery was properly conditioned when you got it (3 full charge/discharge cycles). I'd guess that your battery is starting to go. The symptoms are exactly what you'd expect for a battery on its last legs.

The ROM doesn't "get buggy" in a way that you can fix by updating it. If it goes it's gone, and replacing it is pretty expensive - to the point that you buy a new phone. The firmware in the ROM doesn't change unless there's something wrong with the phone's hardware.
    08-12-2012 11:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD