Music mislabeling

613golem

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
On my computer, all of my music is labeled perfectly as it was ripped. All band names, tracks, track numbers, album names, years and album artwork are proper. However, when i transfer the files to my phoenix, it doesnt add some art work, adds names to some artists, and doesnt use track numbers. The files are perfectly ripped and labeled. What the hell?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Android is notoriously bad with ID3 tags for music files. Stock players have often done screwy things like alphabetize tracks in an album, instead of ordering by track number (which is crazy if you're playing a classical album, where the tracks have to go in order). A number of 3rd party media players are better, but none are perfect--you just have to try them out for yourself. Some of the better ones include Poweramp, Winamp, Doubletwist, Mixzing.

Poweramp is particularly good, because it reads ID3 tags correctly and makes its own database. I believe it uses the folder structure as well, so that the artists and album artists are more correct. Another decent app is Mortplayer, which also goes by folder structure--it's free, but the user interface isn't very nice looking.

Album art can be screwy as well. The following app is pretty handy at finding album art and embedding it on the files on your phone:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...citc.aag&feature=search_result&token=B-s0LELS

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers