after i open outlook on my computer i loose the emails from my phone. how do i stop this from happebing
    08-06-2012 08:34 PM
    use imap in outlook.. pop is like old school

that or go to gmail settings here and adjust the settings https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?sh...ings/fwdandpop

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND GOING IMAP to avoid such issues in future. Configuration instructions are here Supported IMAP client list - Gmail Help
    08-06-2012 08:54 PM
    i have my email account through godaddy @mydomain.com. it is aet up as pop3 can i change it to imap?
    08-06-2012 09:09 PM
    i have my email account through godaddy @mydomain.com. it is aet up as pop3 can i change it to imap?
    login to @mydomain.com through web mail.. go to settings and enable IMAP settings(not sure where since its own domain) there will be instructions there.

then go to outlook and use imap to configure email rather than selecting pop3
    08-06-2012 09:39 PM
    GoDaddy is a POP3 email system, I don't think they offer IMAP. You can set your email program to not delete emails from the server. Most email programs have a setting for that. But all the programs you use to access that account (phone, desktop, laptop) have to be set that way.
    08-08-2012 03:46 PM
    @bwbski

I'm with Go Daddy and came across your post.

For clarity, Go Daddy offers a wide array of email options IMAP, POP3 and Exchange email plans.

I would be more than happy to assist you with your questions and helping you set up your email. Please feel free to reply or DM me.
    08-17-2012 05:06 AM
    I have Bellsouth email that goes into my Outlook. How do I get this to work for Bellsouth? Thanks,
    08-18-2012 09:41 AM
    Hello guys,

I hope some of you are kind enough to help me. I have an Android device and whenever i open my work email (Outlook email), it erases from my phone. I am not an expert when it comes to this, how can i fix this? I didnt understand the explanation above. Can somebody help me?
    10-07-2012 09:16 PM
    I was thinking of returning but I Just found a fix.... go to your outlook settings,

Change your email settings >>FILE >>>> ACCOUNT SETTINGS, >>> CHANGE ACCOUNT >>> CLICK MORE SETTINGS BUTTON >> CLICK ADVANCED>>>> SCROLL TO BOTTOM >>> Set to KEEP COPY ON SERVER for XX DAYS.

I went 10 days, sorry for the caps but it seemed good for instructions....

Depending on how many emails your server can hold might become an issue

b.
    10-28-2012 05:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD