Window tint for the screen?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
This isn't for an Android phone, but is about my SiriusXM Lynx radio, which has an Android based OS and same type of touch screen. So if that isn't close enough, pretend this is about my Bionic. :p

I drive a truck for a living and mostly at nights, and the backlight for the Lynx us still quite bright at night on the dimmest setting. Not sure if the radio can be hacked to let me run a screen filter app like on my phone, so I'm thinking of a static cling window tint to dim the display more. Any idea if regular window tint would interfere with the touch screen's responsiveness?

The dood

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Imo, limited as it may be. I would say that the answer is an obvious yes. Even though it may be very little, you would still be adding a layer of interference between you and the device. Could be worth a shot though!

Sent from my PH44100 using Android Central Forums

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I was looking about for tint and the only thing I've found so far was full car window sized rolls that were way more than I wanted to pay. I did find one static cling roll already opened at the store, so I laid it over my phone's screen and the touch sensor still seemed to work like a charm. Now to just find a smaller roll of tint...

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Anti-glare screen protectors do result in some reduction in brightness, but it might not be enough for your purposes.