So.... Its official. My wife was right, apparently I am an ***** - Help with root +
    So, I thought that rooting my atrix would be a cinch. I am an old man now, but remember screwing around with the original palms without any trouble. "How hard can it be," that stupid voice in my head said. So So much harder!! Now, I have a fellow wanting to trade me a gun (I live Oregon, Suck it California!!) for the phone this weekend. He called me this morning, I started trying to root the S.O.B. yesterday. I totally boned it. Help Me!! PLEASSEE!
    Now, another completely abstract but still vitally important aspect of this was that last night I had a couple margaritas, came home and took an ambian. Great for sleeping and fun, TERRIBLE for trying the complex task of rooting a phone. I did not charge the battery, so I had to hack a usb cord to charge it and am waiting for it to charge. 1 thing out of the way. Now I get to a screen with 10-12 different options, the only two of which it seems I am interested in are the Fast Boot and RSD. When I use the RSD tool (RSD lite 5.7) it says it is unable to get some sort of handle which according to the internets means I have to root it. Cool, I can muddle myself through this" I thought. Then I began looking it up. There is like 20 different ways to do it and some of them can brick the bad boy. ARRGGHHH. I do know that last week I checked the status update and saw that it was completely up to date.

So, please please guide me through this......

I need help.... What do I do now. I dont know if I rooted it or what. It says there is no OS. I put this here, and not the atrix forum, as far as it goes now it seems just a blank android issue but please tell me if I put it in the wrong place. I am neeewwwww. Take pity on me!

If I could trade this phone for a gun I would just shoot myself now... but I only have the dead phone and cant get the .22.

What a, wait for it... (its going to be great... the NCIS guy would put on sunglasses at this point....)

"Catch 22"

I amuse myself... but please help. I promise not to shoot myself either way, so dont get all excited and start calling the sheriff or anything (which does not even really matter, as one cannot shoot themselves with a gun they do not have or phone. If I had a working phone I could theoretically trade it for a gun. Thats how the catch 22 works... just look it up.... )
    08-11-2012 09:42 PM
    So.... Its official. My wife was right, apparently I am an ***** - Help with root +
    So, I thought that rooting my atrix would be a cinch. I am an old man now, but remember screwing around with the original palms without any trouble. "How hard can it be," that stupid voice in my head said. So So much harder!! Now, I have a fellow wanting to trade me a gun (I live Oregon, Suck it California!!) for the phone this weekend. He called me this morning, I started trying to root the S.O.B. yesterday. I totally boned it. Help Me!! PLEASSEE!
    Now, another completely abstract but still vitally important aspect of this was that last night I had a couple margaritas, came home and took an ambian. Great for sleeping and fun, TERRIBLE for trying the complex task of rooting a phone. I did not charge the battery, so I had to hack a usb cord to charge it and am waiting for it to charge. 1 thing out of the way. Now I get to a screen with 10-12 different options, the only two of which it seems I am interested in are the Fast Boot and RSD. When I use the RSD tool (RSD lite 5.7) it says it is unable to get some sort of handle which according to the internets means I have to root it. Cool, I can muddle myself through this" I thought. Then I began looking it up. There is like 20 different ways to do it and some of them can brick the bad boy. ARRGGHHH. I do know that last week I checked the status update and saw that it was completely up to date.

So, please please guide me through this......

I need help.... What do I do now. I dont know if I rooted it or what. It says there is no OS. I put this here, and not the atrix forum, as far as it goes now it seems just a blank android issue but please tell me if I put it in the wrong place. I am neeewwwww. Take pity on me!

If I could trade this phone for a gun I would just shoot myself now... but I only have the dead phone and cant get the .22.

What a, wait for it... (its going to be great... the NCIS guy would put on sunglasses at this point....)

"Catch 22"

I amuse myself... but please help. I promise not to shoot myself either way, so dont get all excited and start calling the sheriff or anything (which does not even really matter, as one cannot shoot themselves with a gun they do not have or phone. If I had a working phone I could theoretically trade it for a gun. Thats how the catch 22 works... just look it up.... )

So at this point you are trading the phone away, and are trying to get it back to stock? Or are you still wanting to continue with the root?
    08-11-2012 10:03 PM
    I dont want to give it to someone with the possibility I screwed it up. I will like to do the easiest thing possible to get it to work. Thanks for the reply, sorry for bothering all of you with my being stupid.
    08-11-2012 10:06 PM
    I dont want to give it to someone with the possibility I screwed it up. I will like to do the easiest thing possible to get it to work. Thanks for the reply, sorry for bothering all of you with my being stupid.
    Nah don't think about it like that. Most of us have messed up a phone at least once. The phone doesn't sound messed up beyond repair. You can go either way...just need to know what you wanna do so I know how to help you...whether you want it rooted or just returned to stock. The phone will be fine, you don't need to worry about that. If it powers on, its almost always fixable

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    08-12-2012 03:33 AM
    I'd recommend posting this in the Atrix rooting/hacking forum. Rooting is a very device specific process, and you'd probably get a much better response if you posted in there.
    08-13-2012 01:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD