Recommend a android with good "build quality"?

Sento

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
Basically want one that's less plasticy and more metal with a good feel in the hands...kinda like my iphone 4. But android

Looking for an older model I can get online/used ~$300
Thanks
Sent from my LG-VM701 using Tapatalk 2

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
You could try looking at some of the military spec phones (I know Casio makes one for Android currently through Verizon). While the durability is pretty top notch for Androids, the performance generally suffers. Such is the trade off when trying to keep phone costs down.

*edit* Depending on how old you're willing to go, I think Motorola used to make one for the Nextel network. With that going away, I don't know if that phone would even be usable on the current cell towers of Sprint.

Hodgheg

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I will get the next nexus phone when I upgrade, bassesd mainly on the updates. Unsure whether I'll get JB on my HTC where as the nexus already has it, but that's another thread all together.

adanick2

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
HTC inspire 4g. Solid aluminum unibody construction, that phone really fits the hand well, and it has decent specs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727

Reactions: Sento

Sento

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
HTC inspire 4g. Solid aluminum unibody construction, that phone really fits the hand well, and it has decent specs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727

Perfect! Everything I want at a good price :D

U rock!

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Tapatalk 2

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Motorola used to make one for the Nextel network. With that going away, I don't know if that phone would even be usable on the current cell towers of Sprint.
Just in case anyone is thinking of it, no. Sprint uses CDMA. Nextel used iDen (which is TDMA, which GSM is also, but iDen and GSM aren't the same). Nextel phones are now doorstops or museum pieces, depending on your viewpoint.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes