Missing the X clear URL button in web browser

droidguy99

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
HI. I have an HTC Evo 3d from Virgin Mobile USA. Using version 4.0.3.

My web browser is missing the X button to clear the URL bar. To get a new address everytime, I have to select all then Cut. I know there's supposed to be an X to clear the URL. Any ideas how to get it there? It's never been there since I bought the phone 2 weeks ago.

thanks.

Cellmeister

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
For the stock Android browser, I believe the X only shows up when you have a clear URL address bar. Normally, if you bring up the URL bar, the address of the current page will show up as a default, with the microphone icon to the right instead of the X. The whole URL address should be highlighted, though, so it should be easy to simply hit the backspace/delete key on the keyboard to clear the address, or just start typing in a new address which should replace the current one.

EazySteve

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
This is weird because my girlfriend and I have the same phone. Hers highlights a dark blue when when you touch the url and you're able to type over it. I have to try and do a select all to type over mine.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Strange. 2 somewhat silly questions:

1. Are you and your girlfriend using the same browser, i.e. the stock Android browser?

2. Are you sure you're tapping the URL bar once, and not accidentally double-tapping it?

EazySteve

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Yes, same stock android browser and same phone. Except hers has the sprint logo and mine has the virgin. I have tried several different ways and the select all trick is the only one that let's me type over. As I believe the original poster mentioned as well

Slender Troll

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Yes, same stock android browser and same phone. Except hers has the sprint logo and mine has the virgin. I have tried several different ways and the select all trick is the only one that let's me type over. As I believe the original poster mentioned as well

It might be the software then. Bc I know even though the LG optimus is coming out on both Sprint and AT&T, the software on one is slightly different from the software on the other (ie different phone companies make the phone run different from other phone companies).

Motorola Photon 4G

EazySteve

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
But mine and my girlfriend's are both on Virgin. Just different branding when they released the HTC EVO V 4G. As I read online they have the same software

It might be the software then. Bc I know even though the LG optimus is coming out on both Sprint and AT&T, the software on one is slightly different from the software on the other (ie different phone companies make the phone run different from other phone companies).

Motorola Photon 4G

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21