HI. I have an HTC Evo 3d from Virgin Mobile USA. Using version 4.0.3.

My web browser is missing the X button to clear the URL bar. To get a new address everytime, I have to select all then Cut. I know there's supposed to be an X to clear the URL. Any ideas how to get it there? It's never been there since I bought the phone 2 weeks ago.

thanks.
    08-13-2012 01:26 PM
    I don't have an answer to that for your device, I'm sure someone will chime in.

But in the meantime why don't you DL a free browser like Dolphin https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...lCcm93c2VyIl0.

to use, many other free browsers as well @ Google Play store, most people like these other browsers better than stock browsers.

Check it out
    08-14-2012 10:26 AM
    08-14-2012 10:40 AM
    I'm having the same problem with the same phone
    10-12-2012 07:42 PM
    For the stock Android browser, I believe the X only shows up when you have a clear URL address bar. Normally, if you bring up the URL bar, the address of the current page will show up as a default, with the microphone icon to the right instead of the X. The whole URL address should be highlighted, though, so it should be easy to simply hit the backspace/delete key on the keyboard to clear the address, or just start typing in a new address which should replace the current one.
    Rukbat likes this.
    10-12-2012 09:13 PM
    This is weird because my girlfriend and I have the same phone. Hers highlights a dark blue when when you touch the url and you're able to type over it. I have to try and do a select all to type over mine.
    10-25-2012 07:37 PM
    Strange. 2 somewhat silly questions:

1. Are you and your girlfriend using the same browser, i.e. the stock Android browser?

2. Are you sure you're tapping the URL bar once, and not accidentally double-tapping it?
    10-25-2012 10:55 PM
    Yes, same stock android browser and same phone. Except hers has the sprint logo and mine has the virgin. I have tried several different ways and the select all trick is the only one that let's me type over. As I believe the original poster mentioned as well
    10-26-2012 09:24 AM
    Yes, same stock android browser and same phone. Except hers has the sprint logo and mine has the virgin. I have tried several different ways and the select all trick is the only one that let's me type over. As I believe the original poster mentioned as well
    It might be the software then. Bc I know even though the LG optimus is coming out on both Sprint and AT&T, the software on one is slightly different from the software on the other (ie different phone companies make the phone run different from other phone companies).

Motorola Photon 4G
    10-26-2012 09:57 AM
    But mine and my girlfriend's are both on Virgin. Just different branding when they released the HTC EVO V 4G. As I read online they have the same software

It might be the software then. Bc I know even though the LG optimus is coming out on both Sprint and AT&T, the software on one is slightly different from the software on the other (ie different phone companies make the phone run different from other phone companies).

Motorola Photon 4G
    10-26-2012 04:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD