2 different HTC phones with ICS, but many differences - why?

droidguy99

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
I have an HTC Evo 3d and wife has HTC One V. Both on Virgin Mobile.

OS is both ICS - 4.0.3. But there are so many differences on each of the phones? For example:
- different way to access the window panels
- different browser options
- can't set One V to Disk drive mode (even after I turned on USB debugging)
- screen scrolls are left to right on One V; but up and down on Evo 3d
- adding widgets is totally different
- and more

Why is this? It's same OS, so why so many differences? I would love to get them both the same so I don't have to figure out 2 different OSes.

thanks.

droidguy99

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Ok. Thanks. I'm brand new to Android phones, and I didn't know anything about the HTC Sense.

My Evo 3d has Sense 3.6 and the One V has Sense 4.0. I like the 3.6 better. I'm going to dive into figuring out the differences. thanks!

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Yeah the new HTC phones (i.e. the One line, Evo 4G LTE, Droid Inc 4G LTE, etc) all run Sense 4.0 with ICS. The older HTC phones that got the ICS upgrade all run Sense 3.6. HTC completely redesigned Sense with 4.0. For 3.6 they stayed a lot closer to 3.0 and the Gingerbread build.

You listed lots of diffences between Sense 3.6 and 4.0, imagine if you had been running Sense 3.0 (which is very much like 3.6) and one day everything changed and you were running 4.0 and you had to re-learn all those differences. For the Android enthusist on this site, that my be ok. But for the average Joe, that change would be WAY to big.

So although both of those phones are currently based on the same Android OS version (ICS), they are running very different versions of Sense.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon