Google Cards not working Galaxy Nexus

Entouchman

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
A question for any pros out there, I have a Google galaxy nexus ( from Google). The Google now works as far as voice recognition and asking questions, however cards are not displayed and at the bottom of the Google now screen I do not have a area that is supposed to have "more Google cards" button. I have activated everything I can think of and cards still do not display. I even allowed google to save web searches on my account ( its active). It also said to tap in the Google now window go to settings and then "Google now" to turn on or off....well I do not have a "Google now" option....strange! Can anyone tell me what it might be? I would love to have the rest of the feature.
thanks in advance if anyone can figure this out.
I am on 4.1 Jelly Bean ( did not root ) its standard upgrade.:eek:

Entouchman

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
The app associated with Google now says "Google Search" in the All apps info, however after I deleted the icon the google now window stayed there. It does not act like seperate app.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
The app associated with Google now says "Google Search" in the All apps info, however after I deleted the icon the google now window stayed there. It does not act like seperate app.

deleted the icon?? I am confused. Can you explain the second part? if you are deleting the data/Cache how do you see google now window?

Entouchman

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I moved the "google search" app to trash and cleared cache from apps>all>google search, cleared data and cache. thats what I was saying sorry.

Entouchman

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I cannot find voice search as an app in the Settings>Apps however I do have an icon on my phone screen, where do you delete cache for this?

Entouchman

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I did just clear data and cache, now what I search for is below the google search bar, however it is not in the form of cards and there is not the option of More cards in the bottom of that page. Also in the settings of that page the 3 dots there is no reference to Google now like the videos show, so it seems google now is not set up 100%. Again the search engine and voice search work ok it talks back when you ask a question is just does not give me cards.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
It should say "Google" at least thats what it says for me on my Nexus S.

Not sure about galaxy nexus.

Maybe it didn't update properly.

I know its not rooted but do you know how to factor restore?

It will wipe all data though.. without root you can update it manually too..

Entouchman

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Does not say "Google" only google search ad its the only g icon in the app drawer under all.
I have opened a ticket with tech support to see what they recommend, first level was stumped and are escalating it further to engineer. I am with you on a factor restore, my settings are backing up all my data so it should be pretty easy. I appreciate all your help I will keep you informed on what does the trick, its probably something really stupid...I have been in technology for 31 years and this kind of stuff is out of the ordinary..a check box or something stupid.:eek:

nicksmith0102

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm having exactly the same problem on my nexus 7 tablet running 4.1.1. I have wiped it twice now and tested everything. Still no option for Google now in the menu. Account restore or not, still no option! Would love to hear what they come back with...

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance