Can someone check this? Data Toggles?

PainKiller

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm no expert but I always assumed that the data toggle switches on the market controlled the same function as going into testing mode by dialing *#*#4636#*#* and going to menu and either enabling or disabling the data.

Is that not right? The reason I ask is because I have used both Extended Controls and SwitchPro recently but after going into testing mode I noticed that nothing changes there when I use the widgets and assume that I am turning off the data signal.

For example, if I turn the APN or Data toggle switch OFF using either of these widgets and then go into the testing mode (*#*#4636#*#*) and scroll to the DATA section, it still remains in the "Active" position. If I turn it off in the testing area and then head back to the desktop, SwitchPro is still in the OFF position and Extended Controls is actually ON and brighter than ever but there is no 3G icon in the status bar.

So, can someone test their widget against the testing mode or better yet explain to me why this happens or if this widget has nothing to do with this setting in the testing mode just call me an idiot? Please?