can you fake a camera?

taylorben159

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Okay, here's the deal. I have a Nook Tablet 16gig that I rooted by loading CM7 on a micro-SD card. I love how everything works..except for one small thing. I am trying to download my banks app onto my NT so that I can check on my accounts. Unfortunately, I cannot download it to my tablet. I think it is because I don't have a camera on the tablet, and the app uses the camera to deposit checks. Is there a way to spoof a camera and get access to the app through the Play Store? Or am I chasing a pipe dream?

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I dont think its the camera that is causing you not install the app. i have some app which uses camera installed on my tablet.

it might now be compatible. Are you seeing the app? or is it erroring?

Last edited:

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
If you want to make sure that that is the issue, try downloading another app that requires the camera and see if you can download and run it.

taylorben159

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
the reason why I think it is the lack of camera is because the bank website lists what is needed . It says that "it is available for Android devices running OS 2.2 or later and with an auto-focus camera" I am running CyanogenMod-7.2.0-RCO-acclaim-TEAM-B with the Android Version being 2.3.7. I haven't tried any other apps that need a phone yet, but I might try it just for kicks and giggles.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I haven't tried any other apps that need a phone yet, but I might try it just for kicks and giggles.

Well, like I said, that would either confirm or eliminate that as the problem. So, you might as well try it. If another app installs okay, then we can go from there.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It depends on how and when the app checks for the phone. If it checks for hardware, there's nothing you can do. If it checks during loading there's probably nothing you can do. (In either case, that's "unless you know how to hack the app".)

If you just can't download the app because the market says that it's not compatible with your phone, try finding the apk file for that app (somewhere on the web, or get it from someone who has the app installed). I've installed a barcode app on a phone it "definitely" won't work on by installing the apk file, and it's the best-working barcode app I've found for that phone. (Conversely, my supermarket has an app we can use to scan what we're buying, but it's not for my phone, and I can't find an apk file for it.)

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
(Conversely, my supermarket has an app we can use to scan what we're buying, but it's not for my phone, and I can't find an apk file for it.)

What does the app do? Does it build a list of what you scan and tally up the price and whatnot?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae