Help for senior citizen!

lennie152

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi,I'm Lennie and I live in the uk.

I have used my laptop for years and will continue to use it for WP.

However I would like an inexpensive hand held pc but I know little or noth:Ding about tablets except bits I've gleaned off sites here and there.

All I need is very basic email and surfing.I shop on the net so it would have to be able to do that for me.

I also need it to work by WIFI.

I have seen some cheap ones on Amazon,for example:

7 inch 4GB Google Android Tablet PC - Cheapest 2.2 Android Tablet works with Flash 10.1 - WiFi , Touchscreen, Epad, Apad, Android Market, Youtube and Facebook App - Built in Camera
by BargainUniverse?

4.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
1 Review
5 star: (0)
4 star: (1)
3 star: (0)
2 star: (0)
1 star: (0)

? See the customer review...

Like 1345208224 false 1 0 0 0 (0)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Price: ?99.00
Sale: ?54.95 & this item Delivered FREE in the UK with Super Saver Delivery. See details and conditions
Deal Price:
You Save: ?44.05 (44%)

Can anyone advise please?

I can't pay more than about ?80.00.

Thanks

:D

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I think you generally get what you pay for. Before the Nexus 7, I would have thought paying 200 bucks for a tablet meant you were probably going to get something that wasn't all that great. But, people seem to dig them. You might want to consider paying a bit more and getting something you know is going to be quality. The Nexus 7 is made by Google/Asus. I have always thought Asus was a great brand. So, if 200 bucks was my price point and I was okay with a seven inch tablet, that's probably what I'd get. I know you were looking to spend a little less than that, but, I don't think I would.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I would suggest nothing less than the Kindle Fire, Nexus 7 or one of the new Galaxy Tab 2's. As already stated, you get what you pay for and the device you listed is already three OS' behind where we currently are. Not that OS matters so much since you'll be using it for basic functions, but the specs alone don't make for a decent device.

If you can do it, spend a little more and get something that is more current.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
At our age, I find that the most important thing is screen size - if it's too small for me to see without glasses, it's not very useful.

Go to phone stores and try a few tablets. Hold them in your hand, look at various things on the screen (the apps you're going to use) and try typing on the on-screen keyboard. That will tell you, more than any advice you get, what size tablet you need, and which ones you like.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair