Questions about my tab and download speeds?

tattoomikeinnc

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Hey all...I got the new Toshiba excite but that thread has got me no answers. So, what I wanna know
Is...
The tab has amazing speeds and graphics, it runs several huge load games flawlessly! I mean prefect!!! Not a single nano seconds worth of any noticeable lag in graphics even with a huge download going on in background...specifically nova 3 and mass effect...I'm just in awe over the performance....which makes me ask....
It has the TEGRA 3 nvidia $uper for plus one quad core(5 core technically) and I'm very new to Android tech....is this a high end setup? How does it compare to other stuff? It seems to me to be really really high end performance....but I don't know since the last computer thing I have played with was my old desktop that I built a decade ago with athlon 3200 and an nvidia 512 card.....and that was amazing then! Lmao...oh the time flies by....

Also what's is considered as good download speeds?I have crappy wifi with slowest available speed over DSL...I'm getting around 800 kbps on good line of router...and like 500-675 outside about a couple dozen yards from the router...is this good? What kinda speeds are they capable of with high end service and whatnot?...

I'm no noob to electronics...I'm very savvy and have no problems with any of it....I've just been out the game for a few years because I couldn't afford any of it but if I looked at it all, and was broke, it just made me feel depressed that I couldn't afford anything fun....but I'm back!

So far I have got an Optimis elite as of a month ago, first Android ever for me....I love it, but want the HTC evo v 3d HD now that I've tasted the ice cream sandwich....mmmmm ice cream. Them I wanted a tablet, so I saw the pandigital 7" novel Android tablet...man that thing sucked hardcore....I don't know what version of Android that was but it was old! Like version .0004 or something lmao....it SUCKED .... So after using it for basically just shooting data at the rifle range,I bought the Toshiba excite 10".. At305... TEGRA 3 and now I feel like the Android version of those snobby iPad bastards.. Lol...just kidding,I got love for the pad and pods...so any basics of getting caught up with the Android world would be great...and let me know bout that download speed and the status of the TEGRA 3 quads...I'm interested in how good I did in finding the best thing I could afford...I got it for 399, tax free with a leather and aluminum skip on case and a carbon fiber waterproof case with thru wall USB charge port...it's a handmade case...the guy who runs the store there owns a hobby shop to and is a master with fiber glass and fiber composites
Sent from an Optimis Elite powered by Android via Virgin Mobile

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Right now Nvidia Tegra 3 is a beast although Snapdragon s3 have shown tremendous performance even with dual core chip.

Tegra 4 will come some time mid next year and Snapdragon s4 will be released at the same time too.

Your hardware is good for at least 2 years.

800kbps download speed is really good. I get the same download speed too.

if you liked ICS your will love jelly Bean...

If you are to even buy a 7 inch device for your kids or for familty definitly consider Nexus 7... Its an awesome device and its cheap.

have fun with your tablet..

tattoomikeinnc

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
The only thing is that allot of apps don't say they work with jelly bean yet...and no kids thank God....that I know of lol..but I WA going to get the nexus 7 till I saw this one
.... I was able to afford it, and seeing as it was bigger and had higher specs,I got it....however I'm very interested in the nexus....what is it that makes it so great?I hear allot about out but honestly I didn't think the specs were too awful amazing compared to 4 chores stuff and all....is it the power and size that everyone loves or what...I guess it's not based on performance or is it....I'm not knocking the 7 at all...I'm just curios...so may just get one soon..I saw it at sams club for 219$ the day it came out but then it went to 250 :-(

tattoomikeinnc

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
So I guess I made a good choose...it was this, the nexus, some Asus ten Incher our the ipad2...as I'm very much in love with Droid...and have a personal issues with iJunk...and I wanted the best I could afford,...plus I had to get it that day...not patient enough for online ordering lol.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Nexus 7 is tegra 3 with 4 cores and 1 low power core with 16 core gpu.. its a beast too..
Its has high resolution screen. above all it runs Jelly bean....

tattoomikeinnc

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Oh I thought it was a dual core, mabey I got it mixed up with another...mabey the galaxy tab...I looked at a dozen...um,I might just go get one now...I say the nexus advertised on TV now for 199$ at a major electronics chain store

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Oh I thought it was a dual core, mabey I got it mixed up with another...mabey the galaxy tab...I looked at a dozen...um,I might just go get one now...I say the nexus advertised on TV now for 199$ at a major electronics chain store

i have a tab too but i am tempted to get nexus myself... two tab wont hurt :)
nexus 7 lacks many ports, front camera and sd card slot unlike Toshiba elite but for $199 cant complain. i would use it as a toy.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois