I am trying to use an AT&T MOtorola MB300 backflip on red pocket cell. I have entered the unlock code into the phone, but it still will not do data or show a 3G icon at the top. Is there a hardware unlock that goes beyond the SIMM unlock code?

If so, is this something I can do, or do I need a phone guru?

Thanks,

Russ
    08-24-2012 06:52 AM
    The phone isn't SIM-locked any more, but there are a lot of data areas that are different from one carrier to another. You have to change them all to the carrier you're using. Data would probably be the APN. You can probably do that by going to Go Red Pocket - Configure and following the instructions for Android.

As far as 3G, it should work, since RP runs on AT&T's network. Have you activated the phone? If you have (and you've run the configuration app you downloaded above), and you still don't get 3G, call RP's customer service. (Or go to the RP forum on HowardForums.)
    08-24-2012 02:50 PM
    As this phone still has android 1.5, the configuration app won't download. The phone is activated and paid and will make calls, but the 3G and data won't work. I gotta get it up to android 2.1 but can't get my netbook to recognize it.

Russ
    08-25-2012 04:53 AM
    I need to drag the upgrade file from a pc to the phone. Do I need to mount or unmoving the sd card to do that? Thanks in advance for the help.

Russ
    08-25-2012 11:08 AM
    Unmount. Figured that out! Will finish it later.....
    08-25-2012 01:38 PM
    Okay, for the searches that land here.....

I loaded Sideload enabler for backflip, available in the Market.

Then I was able to use the Red Pocket Android configuration program on their site.

All is well now. Just need to figure out how to get rid of Market and load Google Play. So far I've been unsuccessful. In the mean time, phone works great on Red Pocket.
    08-27-2012 01:21 PM
    Market should ask you if you want to upgrade to Play. If not, anyone can save an apk file of Play for you and you can install it using an apk installer.
    08-28-2012 06:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD