Fresh install?

greenlight23

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
My droid incredible went on the blitz. How do I do a fresh install like a fresh install of windows? I have been searching around on the web and all the links to the update are not working. I cannot even re-install the update. I lost everything on my phone and my wifi is not working. I wish to wipe it then start with a clean slate, not a re-do or install over the stuff where any possible corruption will still be there. Also, I was getting UTI Errors.

P.S..... Factory reset did not help.....

Please help.

Thanks much,

Greenlight

Last edited:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
A factory reset is a "fresh install". You might want to partition the sd card as well just in case something on the card is causing the phone to go nuts. Do the problems occur immediately following a factory reset? Or does the problem start to occur after the phone settles in and you have a few apps installed? it could also be an app issue at which point you'll have to start fresh then add each app one by one to pinpoint the source and delete it.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
A factory reset resets personal data, it doesn't reinstall the OS.

Search (XDI is a good place) for a ROM for your phone. Installing that, then doing a factory reset will leave you with a fresh install and no old data.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL