Hi there I just got myself a galaxy note and im finding the battery life isn't great. After a bit of reasearch it appears my phone isn't going into "deep sleep" when im not using it and its draining the battery. I think I want to just root my phone and install one of the CM roms and hopefully that will help. Do you guys think it will?

I'm really nervous to root my phone ive never done it before. I'm pretty techy though so it should be fine.

Can someone link me some instructions on how to do it and where to get the files? Im new to this just coming from IOS.
    09-06-2012 01:09 AM
    Have a glance at the website "http://rootgalaxynote.com/category/galaxy-note-root/" too root your galaxy note.
    09-06-2012 01:55 AM
    Welcome to AC!!

Have you checked in the Note forums for a guide to rooting your phone? If not, have you tried searching AC for a guide? If you can't find one, can always post there, or, check the link samantha posted. Good luck!!
    09-06-2012 09:07 AM
    A few things to keep in mind before you root your phone:

- You have the risk of bricking your phone/tablet. Don't start to do it if you don't really need to.
    - No ROM better suits your device than the ROM already on it. Certain small features may malfunction in time, when you install a customized ROM.
    - When you download a custom ROM, you are implicitly accepting all the changes and customizations done by the developer of the ROM. Some of those might not be fully compatible with your phone. Some system modules might have been ignored by the developer and those will strike back to you in the future.
    - There is a reason the device CPU is running at that speed. Over-clocking will put much pressure on it and it might burn out.

I didn't know where to put these comments. But since I rooted my device a while ago and now I'm having loads of compatibility and functionality issues during development, and even when I'm using my phone normally, I thought I should put it somewhere on this forum.

It is worth saying that I actually half-bricked my phone at the time, but then I was lucky and was able to bring it back to life.
    anon(894707) likes this.
    09-06-2012 11:27 AM
    Thanks for all the advice!

I decided not to do it and I actually figured out the problem and now i get about 16+ hours a day on the device.
    09-07-2012 02:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD