Is there any Android phone that runs well?

withravenoushunger

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Every Android phone I've used has been slow, buggy, and annoying to use. Both non-rooted and rooted. Is the any newer Android phone that work with very minimal errors and bugs, isn't laggy, and doesn't have an utterly horrible battery life. Not to be a troll or anything, but I'm thinking about getting an iPhone. I've never seen many bugs on iPhones, their fast, and have a great battery life. I've had my Thunderbolt for over a year and a half and I cant stand this thing anymore. Its just a headache to use now.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Nexus with jelly bean is very smooth. very little bugs.

dont think that iphone has a very good battery life. All my iphone friends complain about battery life all the time.

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
OP: Tell you what. Get the Galaxy Nexus (running Jelly Bean). Spring for an extended battery. Boom, you're done.

I've got a GSM Galaxy Nexus (with extended battery) and based on my usage, I'm pretty sure I could run 24+ hours on a charge (GPS on, WiFi on, screen time minimum 50%, usually 65%, screen brightness set to auto). If you're really eager to get incredible battery life you can root, install a custom kernel and under-volt/under-clock the CPU.

I'm not saying DON'T GET AN iPHONE. Hey, if that's what you want, go for it. My wife loves hers. I like my Gnex because I'm CONSTANTLY tweaking it and trying out different things. Not because there's something wrong with it or that I'm unhappy with it's performance.... no, I tweak because I can. That's not something that's as easy to do with an iPhone.

flroots

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
For those Galaxy Nexus owners, could you please mention your 'must have' apps. I'm just getting started and any recommendations would be a big help. Thanks
Pete

anon(3653)

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
My Thunderbolt works very well. Apps work correctly with few issues... Less than any other device I have used including Apple products. It does not lag and is stock.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
It's like I said over in the Bolt forums, the ROM you're running right now isn't very good. Why not try a different one before condemning the entire Android platform? I'm using ThunderShed 1.6, and I have NO lag. After a full days' use, I am rarely below 50% (extended battery) when I plug the phone in before bed. If you would rather have a Sense based ROM, give ThunderStick Full Blown 1.1.1 a try. Overclock it slightly and, you'll see a huge difference in any lag you might be experiencing now. Of course, if you don't like either of those, there are 30+ other ROMs you can try that I like more than the one you're using. Since you're rooted, the ability to make your phone better is in your hands. If you need help with any of it, just ask. I'd be more than happy to help out.

plemelin

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Someone said HTC phones lag. That may be your experience with your HTC but also a broad statement. My Incredible was super fast and so is my Rezound. My daughter's SIII after being on for a while starts to lag a little. My daughter had an Iphone before getting a SII and wouldn't go back. My wife wants an Android phone to replace her Iphone. They both have said how much faster and smoother the Android phones are.

- - - Updated - - -

Someone said HTC phones lag. That may be your experience with your HTC but also a broad statement. My Incredible was super fast and so is my Rezound. My daughter's SIII after being on for a while starts to lag a little. My daughter had an Iphone before getting a SII and wouldn't go back. My wife wants an Android phone to replace her Iphone. They both have said how much faster and smoother the Android phones are.

Igothakrull

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Sv: Is there any Android phone that runs well?

Me personaly have converted a few of my iphone fan boys after they have seen me using both my HTC Desire and Gnex side by side with their iphone. They complain about low battery life, lag and force close on apps.
The HTC desire has the worst battery life of all time and still it beats the iPhones in some cases and when they saw my Gnex the word was WOAH!
So yeah get the Samsung galaxy Nexus and i believe that you will like what you see.

Skickat fr?n min Galaxy Nexus via Tapatalk 2

Diordna11

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Get a Maxx or wait for the Maxx HD to come out. I've had mine for about 5 months and love it and the battery is definitely better than my kids IPhone 4's. The Maxx is the only way to go if you want a battery that will compare to an IPhone 4. I can understand you be frustrated with the Thunderbolt and I certainly wouldn't base my decision to stay with Android on that phone. If I were you, I would get the Maxx HD.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

anon(5780458)

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
No there is no Android phone which satisfies your criteria. Android is unstable (app crashes, OS crashes), unreliable (network stops working, phone dead by morning and alarm doesn't ring), buggy, has substandard screen sharpness and quality compared to the iPhone 5, has substandard device build quality and horrible battery life (most devices can only be used for 45mins before low battery warnings; you can't even risk using it during the day because it'll be dead by afternoon.). The iPhone doesn't have any of these problems.

The iPhone is an unethical device that illegally prevents users from running software on their legally purchased hardware. It should be banned in every country unless Apple releases an unlocked bootloader that allows users to load unsigned code.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I must beg to differ. My Razr Maxx has been extremely reliable for more than a year, has almost never crashed, is quick (especially with Jellybean), and has the battery of a beast, lasting me at least 2 days without recharging. One of Android's strengths is its wide variety of phones, which makes your blanket statement invalid.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

anon(5780458)

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Your fatass phone isn't the norm. Trying using any of the phones which try to compete with the iPhone 5 in thinness and battery life. My SGS2's extended battery is 3/4th of an inch thick.