This a wierd one. I have a GT-I5800 running Froyo. If I try to make, or receive calls, the microphone does not work (i.e. the other person cannot hear what I am saying). However, if I turn speaker phone on, then they can hear me! This leads me to believe its a software, rather than hardware issue.

I have tried, without luck, to search for a solution to this, and have even considered a custom ROM, but have no idea as to which one would be best,

I have also performed a factory reset to see if that would fix things, but it didn't (although I do have a much tidier phone now!).

Does anyone have any solutions/suggestions to this? If it involves a custom ROM, then that's fine (although I haven't ever done that before, so a step by step would be very helpful!).

It is very frustrating, epecially as my wife's phone (same make, model, firmware), is working with issue!

Thanks.
    09-11-2012 02:04 PM
    If a factory reset didn't work, I would think that it was hardware. Have you contacted your manufacturer?
    09-12-2012 08:52 AM