Guys HELP ME PLEASE.

jim1924

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Hello guys.First time here.I was trying to install incompatible apps to my phone today and i started reading that i have to root my phone.So i did it and i followed exactly the directions.I rooted it,a super user icon showed normally and i followed exactly the direction i found here How to Install Incompatible Android Apps from Google Play - How-To Geek Exactly.The only things i did was to change the ro.product.model from GT S6102 to Nexus S in order to be able to install the incompatible apps.Then i cleared data and cache as it said and restarted my device.And then it won't open.When i see the samsung logo flashing then it vibrates 3 short times and then it restarts itself and then the same and the same.Until i pull off the battery.I tried to unroot it but nothing changed.Please help me guys.My cell phone is Samsung galaxy s duos.(Sorry if this place isn't the right one to post my problem)

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
First, until you figure out exactly what the problem is, I absolutely WOULD NOT unroot the phone. In many instances a custom recovery will really pull you out of a sling. There are instances where you need to revert back to stock to fix the problem, but until you know that for sure I would not unroot. Second, if all you changed was the ro.product..model and nothing else, it should not in any way be effecting your phone like that. The only thing it would possibly interfere with is your ability to download apps from the play store. Going solely off the explanation you have offered, I would say that one of the apps you installed made system changes to an incompatible sytstem and that is whats causing your problem. So...I would say you need to start uninstalling some of these apps. If you get them all off and the problem still exists, make sure any files the apps may have installed on your sd card get erased....and then also clear your dalvik and cache from inside recovery. Whatever you do, DO NOT try to factory reset the phone from the settings menu. Act like the option isn't even there. All factory resets on a rooted phone MUST be done from recovery.

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
^^^^^ I was wondering if you flashed clock work or anything like that to sounds like you should of ran titanium flashed clock work and got BUSY BOX MOST APPS NEED BUSY BOX TO WORK AS WELL AS SU (super users) you need to research it all if you don't like this happens

INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM ;)

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
And also if you can go to h boot and go to your recovery (powered off volume down while pressing the power button) and go through that menue it should restore it re root get busy box use titanium when flashing roms you need to delete the. Dalvic system restore from custom recovery only !!(yes wipe it all that's y you get titanium back up) MAKE SURE YOUR BATTERY IS 100% when you do this stuff very very important
INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM ;)

jim1924

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Hello my friend.My phone cannot open.When i press the power button it starts,it shows the model(Galaxy y duos) and then it shows the samsung logo.Up to here everything is normal.But from now on it vibrates 3 short times and then it restarts itself and then the same and the same.I cannot go to android to install or uninstall apps.No i am sure no strange app was installed.Every app was installed for 2-3 months(exept of course the es file explorer and the super user which i installed to root the phone).You say i clear my dalvik(i don't know what it is) and cache from inside recovery.How can i do this when i cannot go to the User Interface?

jim1924

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Hello.I don't exactly understand what you are saying.Maybe it is my english.Can you please explain a little more what you suggest to do?Let me tell you again my problem.The things i did was:installed es file explorer then put to sd card the update zipped file( https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxsALes8IuidQXc4d2tKSWVUNU8zSl9XU2tvWmxyUQ/edit ) and then i rooted the phone with the normal procedure.Then i followed exactly the directions and the only thing i changed was ro.product.model from GT S6102 to Nexus S in order to be able to install incompatible apps.And then the directions says to restart the phone.And then i have the problem.When i see the samsung logo(normal up to here) it vibrates 3 short times and the it restarts itself and then the same.So it will not open.Thank you for your help.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie