Hi all, i am a new member and a current Blackberry Bold 9930 user looking for something new!
    I was thinking about trying something like the galaxy s3 for verizon, or the......new iphone...sorry...
    Im sure there are a hundred posts like this but i just want som feedback for my specific questions!

1. Why do you choose android?
    2. What makes the GS3 the best phone out
    3. The Iphone draws me because of the ever so simple OS and familiar feel, i have never had an android, nor have i ever really picked one up. i like the elegance and the simplicity of iOS, so will andoid be compatable with my tastes?
    4. and finally, the feel of the GS3 is a little plasticy (i held one oin a verizon store) tell me the build quality/ feel is a little more sturdy feeling on all of your devices compared to a dummy model that has been dropped 1000 times!?

Any info/direction would be most appreciated!

09-16-2012 10:34 PM
    1. I like the flexibility and customization that Android offers. You can arrange your homescreens in many different ways, with as many or as few shortcuts as you like, with cool widgets that show real time information, and with neat live wallpapers (i.e., animated wallpapers instead of static ones). I also like how well-integrated Android is with most Google services; there's no need to use a bloated clunky program like iTunes.

2. Can't comment because I have a Motorola Droid Razr Maxx.

3. It's true that the iPhone's interface is elegant and simple, and that it's easy for anyone to pick it up and make it work. But I also consider that a weakness, for a tech lover like me. When my wife got her iPhone 4S, I set it up for her, and frankly, I got bored pretty quickly with it.

4. I agree that as nice as Samsung phones are, one of their main weaknesses is the plasticky build. If you're interested in a more solid-feeling phone, play around with the Droid Razr or Razr Maxx (or wait for the soon-to-be-available Razr M or Razr HD, which are supposed to have killer screens).

Have fun with your decision!
    bubba3595 likes this.
    09-16-2012 10:43 PM
    Hi all, i am a new member and a current Blackberry Bold 9930 user looking for something new!
    I was thinking about trying something like the galaxy s3 for verizon, or the......new iphone...sorry...
    Im sure there are a hundred posts like this but i just want som feedback for my specific questions!

1. Why do you choose android?
    2. What makes the GS3 the best phone out
    3. The Iphone draws me because of the ever so simple OS and familiar feel, i have never had an android, nor have i ever really picked one up. i like the elegance and the simplicity of iOS, so will andoid be compatable with my tastes?
    4. and finally, the feel of the GS3 is a little plasticy (i held one oin a verizon store) tell me the build quality/ feel is a little more sturdy feeling on all of your devices compared to a dummy model that has been dropped 1000 times!?

Any info/direction would be most appreciated!

1. Customization and gives you the flexibility to do anything unlike other OS like ios,wp, bb etc. Android has evolved to one of the best OS
    Google service integrated and they have some awesome free stuffs like maps,drive gmail,chrome etc and more

2. good design. top spec premium phone.

3. Android is simple as well but it give you the freedom to do complex customization. if you prefer simple dont do any customization.

4. S3 is not made of plastic. its made of polycarbonate. I tried s3 few weeks ago it feels sturdy in hand and well build. Its def feelt premium.
    09-17-2012 12:47 AM
    1) AT&T wasn't in my area with good 3G when looking at smart phones the first time so iPhone was out of the running until other carriers offered it. Even after that, when asked why go with an iPhone, most people could only tell me because it's Apple. Granted, there are some positives to Apple products, I don't really want to associate with a company who's main customer is an uninformed sheep. Does Brondo come to mind anyone?

2) Never messed with the SG3, but what is best for one person may be bottom of the list for another. Personally I wouldn't ever own a phone with the Super AMOLED display because of the color tint (I think the SG3 had this screen). Some people don't care about that, but I do and willing to take a performance hit to not have that screen. So compare the entire package to see what works for you.

3) Sure you can tinker with one at the store, but I suggest asking a friend with an Android to show you some of the ways it can be set up in the real world. Now that mine is set up the way I want, it's pretty simple to navigate around. Just like with what phone works best for you, not everyone will want the same screen layouts and you may be pleasantly surprised at how many options you'll have.

4) I know my Bionic has survived a fall strong enough to dent the frame, so there are some quite sturdy phones out there. And there are also the protective cases you can get if you think you'll need one.
    09-17-2012 01:59 AM