Micro Sd Card not working?

ndlkid13

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I have a Samsung Micro Sd Card SD HC 8Gb. I've had it in my phone (Htc Evo 4g) for a while now but one day it said I have no Sd Card inside. I took out the battery reinserted it inside but no luck. Then I checked on a computer and when I click on Removable Disk, its says, "Please insert a disk into Removable Disk (E.
I have also tried this method (make use of. com /tag/how-to-recover-data-from-a-corrupt-memory-card-or-usb-drive/) but when I enter Chkdsk e: /r it says, "cannot open volume for direct access." Please help, I have many stuff on the Sd Card and I don't wanna format it and lose all my data. Any help?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you mean you took out the SD Card and then reinserted it, or was it actually the battery you took out and reinserted? It's possible that the SD card may have become unseated, perhaps if the phone dropped--if you haven't tried already, take the card out and then reinsert it, making sure it clicks into place.

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
yea y would you take out the battery? Go to settings storage and see if it says mount SD card?? If so release the SD card then push it back in and press mount if it didn't do it already and if not you mite have a burnt SD card it can happen if you rooted and tweaked the SD speed there set there for a reason. I hope we were of help

INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM ;)

ndlkid13

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I have to take out the battery in order to get to the sd card. My phone didnt read the sd card and neither did my computer.

---------- Post Merged at 03:23 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:21 AM ----------

My phones not rooted

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
If it isn't being read on either device it is likely that it is shot. These things happen sometimes, you can format it and see if it is still Usable, and if it is you may be able to recover some of the files using a recovery program on your computer.

Sucks when these things happen. So far I've been lucky and haven't had this happen to me but I know of friends who this has happened to.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Man, I hate phone makers who force you to take the battery out in order to access the SD. Thank God they've realized now that this is utterly stupid.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
You're gonna have to format it and hope that it will work after and you won't have to buy a new one. Do a Google search for some type of file recovery program and hopefully you can recover some stuff

larabar

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
how do you format when it's not being recognized? i know how to format an sd card when it shows up under removable disks on a computer, but not when it's not recognized by any device.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
i have the same problem that the SD card cant be recognized neither on the phone nor the computer . so how can i forrmat or recover it ???? :confused:

If your SD card can't even be recognized by your computer, then it's probably unsalvageable. You could try it on someone else's computer just to be sure, but you're better off getting a new card. If there was important data on the faulty SD card, then you could look for some local data recovery service to see what they can do.

Posted via Android Central App

Fred Houck

May 10, 2014
Visit site
If it isn't being read on either device it is likely that it is shot. These things happen sometimes, you can format it and see if it is still Usable, and if it is you may be able to recover some of the files using a recovery program on your computer.

Sucks when these things happen. So far I've been lucky and haven't had this happen to me but I know of friends who this has happened to.

What do I do with a shot sd card and want to format it? I dont know of a formatting option

Vsweety

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
What do I do with a shot sd card and want to format it?

If it's a brandnew SD card you can try to exchange it for a working one from the place that you bought it.
If that doesn't work: chuck it.

I dont know of a formatting option

Last ditch try: connect an SD card reader to your PC or Mac, insert the card and see if the PC/Mac recognizes it and let's you format it.
If not: chuck the card.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I have 4gb micro sd card in my phone.yesterday i open to sd card but its said no memory card.how to get my photos and document

Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Storage. Do you see your external SD card listed there? If so, Unmount the card, remove it, and insert it into your computer. Can the computer read it? If not, it may be irreversibly corrupted, although you might be able to find some programs or services that can try to recover data.

If the computer can read it, backup all the data on the card to your computer, then reformat the card. Transfer the backed up data back to the card, reinsert it into your phone, and see if it works.

Latino Boy

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Never knew about this problem till it happened to me now it's been already 4 days I've tried 3 PC-S. 5 phones non of them can see my micro SD card first it worked perfectly then I took it out without pushing the eject button on my phone in settings and next thing I saw was that I have no SD card it's painful because all the pix of my son since he got born and all cool music I've been getting together almost 4 year if not more they all are gone ..... I've cleaned the surface still no progress not sure about the reader but my computes comes with built-in SD card reader so I think it's much the same ..... can't format it because my PC doesn't see it doesn't make the sound of seeing something well hopeless situation if you guys can help me I would be so happy thnx.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Download PhotoRec - CGSecurity Burn it to a CD (there are full instructions on the site, this is a tl;dr version). Boot the computer using the CD. Connect the card to the computer (using a card reader, not the phone). Even if the file format of the card is corrupt, PhotoRec looks for groups of bytes that look like files, not for file listings in the directory, so it makes no difference. If the files are still on the card, PhotoRec will find them and save them to the computer. If PhotoRec can't find them the chances are that the card is unrecoverable. (It's a free program, but it's worth a lot more than these file unerase programs that sell for good prices.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC