RE: Got my New Furby toys today... and am ticked off !

ChasDROID

May 6, 2011
Visit site
RE: Got my New Furby toys today... and am ticked off !

I preordered 2 Furbys from the Walmart website last month and they arrived today Wed 9/19

I didn't even opened the boxes.

On the box it said to download the Furby App to interact with Furby.

Guess what.... APPLE OS Only !

Doesn't Hasbro realize over 1 Million Android phones are activated every day ?

I went to the Hasbro site to locate their facebook page and NO Facebook page ?

I was ready to rant to Corporate to attract their attention.

Furbys going back to Walmart today.

Chas DROID

My Device EVO 3D

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: Got my New Furby toys today... and am ticked off !

First, I can't believe Furby's are making a comeback! I remember getting them for my kids 10 years ago, and the Furby waking me up in the middle of the night because it was hungry.

Anyway, I can see why you're irritated. It's inexcusable to not have an app for each major platform. They spend all this time and money to create an interactive product, and then alienate the OS with the most market share. Brilliant move by whoever is in charge. I did see articles that say an Android app will be released in the future.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site

I did see articles that say an Android app will be released in the future.

If it upsets you that much, write them an email. And, like NickA said, there will be one out in the future. But, writing an email could help nudge them to do so quicker.

jaredw444

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Time to start loading the pellet Guns and bottle rockets, a furby is an annoying toy

Word of the day is " Legs" spread the word

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site

While I understand your frustration, I've seen the commercials on TV and they specifically mention using an iOS app is required. I'm sure an Android app is coming, but I also understand that developing for Android takes longer because of the variety of hardware.

Simulated

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site

You don't have to have an app to use the Furby toy. You can still play with the Furby and feed it just like the original. The only thing you won't be able to do, is understand what it's saying without the app. But I read somewhere that there is an online dictionary.

Zalee Harris

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site

I with you. What six year old do you know that own an iPhone? How old are those in this forum? I am 50+ and I ordered two Furbies and I can't use technology to feed them! I was looking for the Android app when I found your comment. Yes, I and ticked off also. I joined Android Central just to be able to comment on your post. Now, I am going to contact Android and give them a piece of my mind.

I preordered 2 Furbys from the Walmart website last month and they arrived today Wed 9/19

I didn't even opened the boxes.

On the box it said to download the Furby App to interact with Furby.

Guess what.... APPLE OS Only !

Doesn't Hasbro realize over 1 Million Android phones are activated every day ?

I went to the Hasbro site to locate their facebook page and NO Facebook page ?

I was ready to rant to Corporate to attract their attention.

Furbys going back to Walmart today.

Chas DROID

My Device EVO 3D

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I with you. What six year old do you know that own an iPhone? How old are those in this forum? I am 50+ and I ordered two Furbies and I can't use technology to feed them! I was looking for the Android app when I found your comment. Yes, I and ticked off also. I joined Android Central just to be able to comment on your post. Now, I am going to contact Android and give them a piece of my mind.

I'm pretty sure that you should direct your comments to hasbro and not "android"

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

linda1980

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site

YES i'm pretty Niffed off too i have a HTC desire mobile .. bought the new red furby today 26/9 for my young daughter and now worried i can't really get the full use outta this very dear toy worth ?59.99.. guys Do you need this App ?? or can you still maintain this toy ? is there an free furby android App coming out for this FURBY ? I AGREE ITS BLINKING SILLY THIS FREE FURBY APP SHOULD BE FOR MOST TO UP TO DATE MOBILE PHONES .. BUT also agree most young kids don't have these's nice mobile phones in able to download free App .. if i can mange without this App for abit for my daughter till thay bring an furby Android app then i'll wait till it comes out ,otherwise i'll get my MONEY back on my daughter's furby as not much good without this APP !!! VERY UNHAPPY ..
PLEASE FEED BACKS WELCOME IF YOU CAN HELP WITH ADVISE :)

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site

How old are those in this forum?

I'm sure the age range on this forum varies, but, I don't really see how it's relevant. What are you getting at? I'm sure we have members that are 50+, but, I doubt we have any that are six years old.

Now, I am going to contact Android and give them a piece of my mind.

You would need to contact Hasbro, not Google. Google has nothing to do with this.

Mary Smith1

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site

I completely agree I bought my daughter one and can't use half of the features that it boasts. I think they need to get there stuff together and put out an app for android users.

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I remember Furbies. Both of my kids had them. My wife even found a Gizmo Furby (from the movie Gremlins). Definitely an annoying toy.

Wickle Mew

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site

You DO NOT need the app, it's just an over hyped added bonus! There is a furbish dictionary, here Electronic Furby: Furbish - English Dictionary

You feed it with your finger. The new ones are just more animatronic and smoother then the old ones with less grinding noise and with up dated pixelatated eyes, adding more emotion.

Nothing else has changed, just the look and a few extra swithes, ie tail.

But please stop thinking the app is nessesry, it's not! It's just out there for a bit more fun. Not having it will not prohibit the use of your furby.

:'(

rach1270

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site

Hi All - There is a Furby App now for Android - Just seach for Furby out in the Google Play market. Just in time for the Christmas rush!

Last edited:

rach1270

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site

It appears the android app has only been out for a couple weeks. Hopefully Hasbro has the more of the bugs worked out before Christmas and working with more devices.
I bought 2 furbys for my kids - I will reply back after Christmas once they have opened their gifts to let you know how it works on the HTC Evo (orig version from 2 1/2 years ago). Keeping my fingers crossed!

rdpenny1

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

Hi everybody!
I'm waiting for my Furby to arrive and knew I wouldn't be able to have that cool app to feed it and such, but while I was randomly looking about for things Furby I found they have now released the app on Android.
Thought you might like to know
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ps/details?id=com.hasbro.furby&token=cP8FoGPN
It's still quite new so it may not work on every android phone at the moment.