Samsung Nexus Yellow Screen Burn?

BBcase8900

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I recently picked up a Samsung Nexus for Verizon and so far it has been nice, except for one glaring/annoying issue. Whenever I use the browser, there is a yellow tinted box a little more than half way up the screen. However, there is also another strange issue, sometimes against a white background, I can actually see the a yellow tinted virtual keyboard even though the actual keyboard is not active.

I have researched this problem and it seems as though I am not the only one experiencing this problem. I have tried calibrating my screen and adjusting my screen brightness but to no avail. Are there custom ROMs or apps that may help fix this issue? I just recently unlocked and rooted my device in hopes of finding a solution.

The yellow tint does not affect my phone, it is just annoying to notice it.

Thank you for your help.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure it's only the browser? Have you tried taking a screenshot of it, to see if the screen is physically damage?

BBcase8900

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I haven't tried the screenshot method yet, I will give that a try.

It's not only with the browser, the problem just seems more obvious when put against a white background.

I tried a screen test app that places solid colored backgrounds on the phone and I can see the "box" during that test.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
My guess is then that it's the physical screen. Take a screenshot though, if it doesn't show up in the screenshot, it's the screen. Then you will probably need to get it replaced under warranty, cash in your insurance, or, deal with it. I dunno that you can fix something like that, ya know? There are screen massagers out there that will try to help with burn in and stuck pixels, but, I haven't had much success with them before.

BBcase8900

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Ran some more test and I believe you are right.

I tried another screen testing program and the "box" is visible except on black. I thought it may be a image retention issue, but looks like that actually screen.

Thank you for the help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol