OK! I have a few questions....

NoNeedForADefault

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
If this is the wrong area for this, or you believe I may have more luck elsewhere, please point me in that direction =]

I have a Samsung Galaxy S Facinate on the Verizon network. What I am trying to accomplish is putting someone who already has a phone/phone number with the Verizon network *over* to this phone. I know there is a way to swap numbers, but I believe that he is trying to avoid extending the data plan, and only wants to use the additional features when wifi is available.

SO! What I would like to know is how to accomplish all of this on my own; do I need to root? Is it possible to do at all?

I have gotten as far as to wipe/factory reset, but don't want to do any more than I have to for the purpose I'm trying to achieve, and my day of internet searching has been less than helpful(although I'm willing to bet I'm just not looking for the right information...)

It's also stuck on the "activate your phone/emergency calls only" screen, but I found the code to bypass that, and assume that getting all of the above taken care of will get rid of that as well(??)

Thanks a bunch ^_^

lethalinjectionj

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
so what youre saying is you want the guys number on the fascinate without him using a data plan? if so its possible. its not easy. its not allowed to be talked to here. but if you email me at beastman9593@gmail.com i can point you in the right direction. just to let you know though what i will explain is way more complex than just dailing *228. (in fact you cannot do that anymore when the process is complete) if its not something you are 100%comfortable with i suggest not doing it.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Or you could just call customer service and ask them to switch the ESN on that account. Not all reps are sharp enough to catch that they shouldn't be putting that phone on a non-data plan. (It's fully legal that way.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC