I'm having an issue with my tablet, an Onda VI40 Ultimate. It was left off for a day or two, and when I plugged it in yesterday I got the battery screen, but it was in orange and showing that it needed to be charged. I figured I'd leave it alone for a few hours, then come back to it.

I left it plugged in for four hours, but when I came back to it the tablet is just giving the same message. I took out the charger, plugged it in again and got the same screen. I plugged it into my desktop pc via usb cable, and it just gives the same screen over and over. I got another charger, one exactly like it, and plugged it in. Same screen again. I pressed the reset button, same screen. I tried holding down the power button and volume up button, but no deal. I have the latest CM9 build installed on it, with ICS 4.0.4.

I have included below a terribly blurry photograph of what I'm seeing when I try to turn it on, or do anything with it. The tablet just never seems to charge no matter what I do, nor will it boot in any way. Can anyone help?

Tablet not turning on-battery.png
    09-29-2012 06:27 AM
    Bump?
    10-04-2012 12:53 AM
    I assume your battery isn't removable? Because if it were, you could try to get a replacement.

Try leaving it plugged in overnight and see if that works. Unfortunately, it is possible that the battery may be ruined. From what I have read, lithium ion batteries can be irrevocably spent if allowed to discharge completely to zero. Devices made by most major manufacturers have mechanisms to prevent the battery from discharging completely to zero--e.g., my Razr Maxx will automatically shut down when the battery reaches around 5-10%. Maybe your device doesn't have that safeguard.

Good luck!
    10-04-2012 01:25 AM