So I got a tough one for you guys. What I'm looking to do is stream music via the Google Music app from my phone to my PC (Windows 7). I tried an app called Music Remote which lets you stream music that you're playing via the Google Music app to any other Android device that has Music Remote installed on it. You set up one device as a server, one as a client. I used Bluestacks to run the Music Remote app on my PC, set it up as a server, but I can't see it on my phone. Or vice versa.

I could just use something like Gmote but the problem is that all my music is in the cloud (I have almost none on my PC or phone), so I need something that will basically take the audio that's playing on my phone and stream it to my PC.

The only other option I can think of is to get a cheap used Android phone, hook it up to my stereo, and stream to that phone. But I'd rather not do that.

Or I could buy a Nexus Q, but that's stupid. My PC should work as a sever - same as the Nexus Q.

Any ideas?

Basically, I want to be able to lay in bed and control my stereo via my phone (my PC is my stereo). Also, I don't want to use Bluetooth because of the sound quality issues.

I'm on a Gnex with 4.1 btw.
    10-02-2012 06:07 PM
    I can't vouch for the accuracy, but I found this article:

How to Stream Songs From Phone to Computer Over Bluetooth
    10-02-2012 06:39 PM