Galaxy SIII - email NOT deleting?

bmoney123

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm so newb when it comes to Android, please forgive me. I got my IMAP email up and running and it syncs just fine. When I delete emails on the phone, they disappear....only to reappear the next time the phone syncs. What setting have I got wrong? I copied each setting exactly from my old phone (which worked just fine this way). Can anyone suggest a setting that I've missed? This is getting annoying lol

thanks!
brian.

bmoney123

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
update - found that I have several folders with typical names (trash, sent, etc). then all the native IMAP folders called INBOX.TRASH, INBOX.SENT etc. If I manually move the emails to INBOX.TRASH they die. How can I link the delete button to this folder?

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S3 - email NOT deleting?

update - found that I have several folders with typical names (trash, sent, etc). then all the native IMAP folders called INBOX.TRASH, INBOX.SENT etc. If I manually move the emails to INBOX.TRASH they die. How can I link the delete button to this folder?

Go here in gmail and make sure the followings settings are checked. https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#settings/fwdandpop

in IMAP Access:
Enable IMAP is Selected

When I mark a message in IMAP as deleted:
Auto-Expunge on - Immediately update the server. (default) is selected