Need help... asap... YouTube not working on Wifi on Nexus 7 and iPhone 4

codysanbor

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
The other day as in October 1st both my iphone and my nexus 7 will not play videos on my home WIFI.
on 3g my phone plays and my laptop on wifi perfectly fine.

any help will be greatly appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Need help... asap... Youtube not working on WIfi on Nexus 7 and Iphone 4

Try rebooting your router--i.e., unplug it and plug it back in again.

- - - Updated - - -

Is everything else over Wifi working correctly on your Nexus 7 and iPhone?

codysanbor

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Need help... asap... Youtube not working on WIfi on Nexus 7 and Iphone 4

Everything that I know of is working completely fine. I've even reset the settings changed the name and password settings from up to 145mb to 300 and nothing.

But laptop is fine. Nexus will no play google movie either. But will play other videos off web

cja1782

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site

I'm having the exact problem. It seems to be only the YouTube mobile site that won't play videos on both my mobile browser and the YouTube app. It doesn't work on my HTC one x, my wifes Iphone, and ipad etc. One work around is if your mobile browser has the option to view site as a desktop site then the videos will load but that basically requires flash enabled device or a flash browser. Hope this helps.

codysanbor

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site

I'm having the exact problem. It seems to be only the YouTube mobile site that won't play videos on both my mobile browser and the YouTube app. It doesn't work on my HTC one x, my wifes Iphone, and ipad etc. One work around is if your mobile browser has the option to view site as a desktop site then the videos will load but that basically requires flash enabled device or a flash browser. Hope this helps.

Really thank god some one else is having issues and not just me. When did it start for you?

ShawnPaulN

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site

Same problem here on my Nexus 7 with YouTube and HBO Go. Both apps run fine on my OneX. Both connected to the same network.

codysanbor

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site

Same problem here on my Nexus 7 with YouTube and HBO Go. Both apps run fine on my OneX. Both connected to the same network.

It's crazy and makes me furious.. Even my iphone though lol

mscfl

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site

I've been having the same problem since around the 1st also. It worked fine before this past weekend on my LG Viper, old LG Optimus. My wife's android phone is doing the same thing. Like cja said, I can play videos through the desktop Youtube site on my phone connected to the same Wifi. Everything works fine on 3g. Friggin annoying.

Any chance we all have the same ISP? I'm in northeast florida on DSL through a company called Nefcom.

codysanbor

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site

I use youtube nonstop 2gb in 3 days of my nexus 7 lmao now nothing come on

codysanbor

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site

ure9ugyz.jpg

ShawnPaulN

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site

Now realizing that local movies (not streamed) are not playing either so it's not a network issue.

codysanbor

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site

My videos I've downloaded work. I haven't checked yet but I will when I get home in a hour. My google movies do not either

ShawnPaulN

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site

Now resolved. I called Google support (855-83-NEXUS). I was instructed to uninstall & re-install Google Movies & TV. This fixed issues for HBO Go, YouTube, & Google Movies.

mscfl

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site

I can't uninstall that app...Any luck on your end?

estan0223

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site

I'm having the same problem. Any clue if I need to reinstall Google Movies across all my devices??

I too have been having this problem for days but only at home. On mobile or at the office it works fine. This is really aggravating.